Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

peter in the cross

I might offend the Baptists tonight but I am not sure if I care. I read this and I agree 100 percent with it

I don't believe these things can be properly
reconciled in this present world. We should
simply let them stand and not try to force them
into a perfectly formed theological system. God
truly elects and man truly chooses. God elects
and yet every man is urged to be saved and every
man can be saved. God elects and yet sent His Son
to die for the whole world. God elects and yet
does not want any sinner to perish. All are
equally true and Scriptural, so let them stand.

It is like I said there might be 2 ways in the bible and I think you must not take care of them. If one verse said God selects you and another said you select God then I say let them be both truth. God in Jesus is 100 percent God and 100 percent man and that does not make him 200.

69 Now Peter sat outside in the courtyard. And a servant girl came to him, saying, “You also were with Jesus of Galilee.”
70 But he denied it before them all, saying, “I do not know what you are saying.”
71 And when he had gone out to the gateway, another girl saw him and said to those who were there, “This fellow also was with Jesus of Nazareth.”
72 But again he denied with an oath, “I do not know the Man!”
73 And a little later those who stood by came up and said to Peter, “Surely you also are one of them, for your speech betrays you.”
74 Then he began to curse and swear, saying, “I do not know the Man!”
Immediately a rooster crowed. 75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.[1]

Lets look at Peter and the fact he has denied the Lord 3 times. First the gal comes to Peter and asked him if he knew Jesus. Jesus said he did not even know Jesus. I need to say the love for Jesus by peter is still there yet it was weak. Peter failed but he came to see the things Jesus is going though and he cared to what happens. Peter was like me when I make big plans to serve the Lord and forget to run them by the Lord in pray I fall right on my face. Jesus is the one I need to run the plans for my life by. I am not going to run things by Jesus I am going to fail. Peter gets real bad and he makes a oath and lied to say he did not know Jesus. The crow does his thing and the Lords Spirit reminds them that Jesus just told him that he is going to fall. Peter began to weep and this shows he is sorry for the fact that he denies Jesus. I need to be more repenting and I need to weep for the bad things I do to offend the Lord. Peter is found forgiven in this and ends up writing the bible for the Lord and preaching a ton of sermons that bring the church to where is belongs. Peter died because he failed again to deny the Lord and Peter dies for it.

Shadman

Dancing
As you know the Baptist movement thinks dancing is a sin and ought not happen. I do not agree and I reject this because God told us to dance in the bible. I call this a grey area and I am not making it in my life something I have to follow. Music in my mind is netral and I am not going to say I am for any ban in the ccm movement.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?