Monday, November 14, 2005

 

Jesus is suffering

No bible school tonight so I am able to talk you Brad and the rest of you about the weekend and watch football. I do not like either the cowboys or and eagles. I prefer they play a good game. It might be the only game I am able to see this week butr I am going to also work on my Death of Je3sus thing to. I like my work right now and I hope I keep my job for a long to.

26 Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered Him to be crucified.
27 Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole garrison around Him. 28 And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. [1]


scourged Jesus[2] I want to begin my thinking with this because it is important to know what Jesus had to go though because he was paying for my sins. I think Jesus was whipped with a leather belt with some glass on the end of it. It in the Passion of the Christ is one of the hardest things to watch when they took and beat up Jesus. Jesus was beaten to death. He was bloody and he was a mess. I also want to make a point that Jesus was killed and his death was not one of ease. They beat the pup out of the Lord. Friends there is nothing easy to the way Jesus took the painful whipping. But the bible said that by his stripes we are healed. I need to say this is mis read at times. Some take it as Jesus took our sickness and granted healing on the day he was beaten. Jesus did not take your sickness he took your sins. Sick folks happen and that is the truth. Jesus can heal but he does not have to. I think he took our eternal sickness and our hell in the whipping. Jesus also did not get mad but took the whip with silence.
Then the solders put a robe on the Lord and made light of him. Jesus who is going to judge the men who did this to him mocks him. I wonder what they are going to think when Jesus forgives them from the cross even at his death. I could see if the men saw the love Jesus still shows from the cross them responding and getting saved. It tells me about the Love Jesus gives me. To think of the heart of Jesus and how he forgave the ones that killed him on the way to be separated from God is so amazing?
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?