Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

jesus and puilate

Welcome to my mind and what I want to say. I am cold tonight, I just out on a sweater as I unload my mind. Remember I am not part of the teaching staff of a church this in my thinking and how the Lord is working in my life’s I am working this weekend and that makes me happy that I am working and that I have work. Brad B thinks that is good to I hope, as he is a reader of my thinking. If Brad likes it then I print it.

I want to ask you a question about the Lord Jesus. What have you done with him? He came and gave his life to save you yet I think some reading this might not realize this yet. Jesus is Gods solution for all your sins and to deny him like the people in the book of Mathew is to damn your soul forever and go to hell. We saw that Judas has done that and I fear that going in this chapter people might think this is a good story and seny the meaning. Here is the meaning of this trial that Jesus has been arrested and is going to be convicted and killed for you.

Matt 27 11 Now Jesus stood before the governor. And the governor asked Him, saying, “Are You the King of the Jews?”
Jesus said to him, “It is as you say.” 12 And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He answered nothing.
13 Then Pilate said to Him, “Do You not hear how many things they testify against You?” 14 But He answered him not one word, so that the governor marveled greatly[1]

Jesus is asked if he is the king of the Jews. All of the Old Testament leads one to know that Jesus is the king. Matthew has made his book around the fact of the kingship of Jesus. In being born Jesus is the king of the Jews so Pilate asked Jesus this and Jesus said rightly that he is the king. Jews thought that Jesus was going to come and make his kingdom right then and now yet Jesus did not so this to the Jews was hard to figure out. Pilate puts out the question and Jesus does not really satisfy his question it seems. Pilate marveled at Jesus but I do not think Pilate got this. Pilate then said there is not case and told the Jews that Jesus is not guilty.

15 Now at the feast the governor was accustomed to releasing to the multitude one prisoner whom they wished. 16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner called Barabbas. 17 Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” 18 For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.
19 While he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent to him, saying, “Have nothing to do with that just Man, for I have suffered many things today in a dream because of Him.”
20 But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitudes that they should ask for Barabbas and destroy Jesus. 21 The governor answered and said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release to you?”
They said, “Barabbas!”
22 Pilate said to them, “What then shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?”
They all said to him, “Let Him be crucified!”
I am not going to bring people to other books here and maybe I should but I want to allow Matthew to stand on what he sees. I know I ought to fill in gaps but I want to do it this way and when I am back here and edit I might change this. Pilate meets with the leaders and they have the chance to release Jesus. Pilate kind of does not want to kill Jesus to me here it seems. He wants to get out of this drama. But the leaders are in the streets and they want to kill Jesus. If you watched the passion of the Christ many Jews think this seen is anti Jew but I wonder in my sins if I would be in the crowd asking for Jesus to die. Barabbas is not a nice man either. He is a rebel and not a good tax paying man to the land of Rome. Pilate has a out here and that is to free the Lord if the people allow this to happen. Pilate’s wife has a little dream that makes this man Jesus not to good there. It might be she knows enough to know Jesus is a man that ought not to die.

23 Then the governor said, “Why, what evil has He done?”
But they cried out all the more, saying, “Let Him be crucified!”
24 When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”
25 And all the people answered and said, “His blood be on us and on our children.”[2]

All the people in the crowd want this man Jesus to die. Pilate knows Jesus is without sin and seems to want to make Jesus go away and does not succeed. The Jews demand Jesus be killed so this is the last chance to stop it. Jesus is going to die and thasnk him for it. I like to look at the last couple of verses where Pilate calls himself innocent of the blood of Jesus. He is not because he is a sinner and none of us are. Also he said let his blood be on you and your kids. I gladly and humble accept his blood for my sins. I hope you do to.

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?