Friday, October 07, 2005

 

thoughts on the church

In the times of old I was made aware that the churchs met in homes and if my memory is right they used to have to meet in secret because of the times they were in. It also was true that the pastors on that time had to work a couple of jobs making them not easily gone because they did not depend on cash. I took much of what was taught in class from GCBI and wrote it on home church. I am under the teacher and I may not think he is right in some of his thinking. So I ask and want to think what is a church and who is a church.
Who is part of the Church? I think you need to be saved and baptized. If your not saved your not to become a part of a church because your not a part of it. If you get saved God wants you to be a part of the Family of God and the way you do that is get saved and then follow the Lord and get dunked. If you get baptized as a baby you were not saved and maybe you need to get baptized as a Believer. Really all the folks that think you’re a member after your confirmed need to rethink that because Jesus never spoke of this and it is not in the word. Jesus said saved then baptized and then added to the church.
In the sacraments of a local church I think there is one and that is the Lords table where we remember the Lord. I am not sure you cannot do this as a family or group but in the Local church is where it might be some say be needed. Jesus did it after a dinner so maybe we need to eat a meal and then have the table after a meal. I do not hold a strict thing in this. I do believe the table is also for the saved and many in the world think many things. I do not think the bread and juice is the Lord or gives any forgiveness of sin. I do think it is a great reminder to confess and rebound in your walk. Jesus wants you to be close and be forgiven before you take the supper. But hear this that you need to have eat the supper as a church family. I thin k the best passage I have seen in the Bible on this topic is the one in acts.

Acts 2 40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.[1]
So that is how I see the church
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?