Monday, October 31, 2005

 

oldie but goodie

If I could do the unthinkable I would rip this out of the bible or skip over this section. How many fights and think that have split over this section of the bible. Many I bet. But I am going to make my calls on this and let the Lord help me out in the Study of the word.

Romans 9 14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not! 15 For He says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.” 16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. 17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.” 18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
Paul last time talked about how God made a choice with his love in the life of Easu and Jacob. Paul then asks is there unrightousness with the Lord God. There is never ever any kind of unrightousness in the Lord. But Paul plants a clue in this passage when God said he may have mercy on who he wants to. Paul is still making a point, I do not think this has to do with the gift of Salvation. I think this has to do with Gods sovern will. Does God ever Hate like it said last night? If God is Love then he may not be hate, So I think that is a key here in the Lords words to Moses. God may do as he wants to with anyone he wants to. Gods mercy is on them who come to the Son and trust him. If this is not a salvation thing I think it talk on the last thing Paul is saying. He is making a case to a people that has rejected Jesus as their king and Paul is telling them the Lord choose Jesus and they said no to them. Gods mercy comes to me because I made Jesus my king and repented. I am not of the camp that thinks God did not make me his child by his picking and I am not on the side that said I did it all myself. I am on the words side that I think has both sides. In Pharaho I think this shows the Lord is sovern over history and he will harden a leader to not obey to show power. God seems to have the right to harden ones heart if the heart is not going to repent. Does this happen. I think it can and does. If I hear the Gospel and my heart is pricked and I do not repent I think God might say that's it your Not going to ever have the chance to be saved. I however think God wants all to be saved and one that does not response Breakes Jesus Heart and Jesus is not going to force one to make the call.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?” 20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, “Why have you made me like this?” 21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

I think this is the same train of thought. Why does He not find fault? The one who does not do the will of God. If you do not take the Lord Jesus your never in the will of God. Jesus cis the only way and the Jews rejected the Lord. We do not got the right to tell God how to operate his plans. I am not going to walk and say to the Lord that I think he ought to make it easy to come to Jesus for the Jews and let all the sincere people come into heaven. God made the way and we need to take it. If we do not we go to Hell and that is truth. God also has the right to make a vessel for dishonor, this to me is a hard consept. If one is never going to come to Jesus God ought not make the person but that is not how God has chosen to run his people. God is not held to us. If one thinks he can come to God via works like the Romans think God said you come in though Jesus. God has the right to create a man knowing he will never come to Jesus. That has to be the worst thing fore the the Lord and his Love for people saying good bye to them if they choose hell. God is not going to make one chose Jesus if he did then free will is not in tact. All men have the freedom to walk away from the Lords call to salvation yet there is a pull in the ones who come to Jesus and make him the Lord of their Lifes. Where that line is? Not my job to make the call.
shad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?