Monday, October 17, 2005

 

oldie but goodie

I went to the old files and I am presenting a bible study I did before. I hope all is well and life is good all my fans. Here is a classic

I want to begin tonight in praying. Lord I ask you help me to get out of this passage the meaning and truth. I am wanting to know the will of your son Jesus in showing his Godly attubes and this passage to me and help me to apply all the things and live a life that is more pleasing to you. Now make my life count for you and use my time in the word tonight to change me and mold me in Jesus.

17 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if you wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”
Let me paraphrase this account. Jesus has taken three of the 12 to a mountain and they are given a view of Jesus that is not given to the others. Jesus is showing them that he is the very God and the glory of God. So three people are with Jesus. Moses and Elijah. I want to look at why the made them in this account appear.
Moses He was the man that gave us the Law of God and he was the one that the Lord shined to in his life. Moses was one of the greatest leaders in the history of man moving all the Jews all from the land of Pharaoh to the land of Egypt to the land of Israel. Moses was the one that the Old Testament greatest in a way the Lord made Moses the king of his people. In Moses God gave us the plan of Jesus in the laws and the tabernacle. Elijah was a great defender of the Law of God, he gave us the plan and that plan that Jesus has to die and free us from sin and Hell. He also was a great man of God that was bold and stood up. He was the man the Jews loved in the Old Testament. A couple of reminders on Elijah: He never died he was rapture to Heaven as a man
Both the men tell us of the divine nature of the Lord Jesus, simple the Lord Jesus is the true God of the bible. They in a way confirm for me the Lord Jesus is God and He is the King of the entire World. SO Peter is a little bit off here in his thinking that Jesus is a mighty man like the other 2. Peter does this in blindness thinking that Jesus was a awesome man and not God. Had not the He just say that Jesus was the God of the bible? Is peter stupid? Maybe peter was in his Jewish nature and celebrating the feast of tabernacles since that is about the time when it would have been. In any event Peter knew Jesus was talking about dieing and he did not want this to happen to the Lord and Last chapter Jesus rebuked Peter for this.
I did not really hit this point yet that the Lord was transfigured before. Maybe I did but I am wanted to hit this. This was the solid proof that Jesus was God. This same light happened I think was the angel of light before Jesus was in the flesh and perhaps the light the old testmant talks about in the times God appeared to man. Peter hit this in the letters he wrote about Jesus that he saw this event happen in 2 peter 1 17. John documents this in the Gospel that he wrote that names Jesus as the light of the world. To see this and not be changed forever for me is one thing I might take from this. That Jesus showed the men that he is the God they worship.

5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” 8 When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

So now that peter and John had seen this God spoke. What a moment in ones life to hear GOD speaks. The Father of the Lord Jesus talks that must have been a horrid awesome time for the 2 men God the father told them Jesus is his son and to listen to things that he is going to say. Peter must at this time be on his face and scared to his wits end. To have God in all his fullness speaks and rebukes you. Fear of God is understating it. They fell on the faces and I think they worshiped him or maybe God made them fall. Makes you know that seeing God all are going to fall and adore his Glory. Yet peter came face to face with the Grace and Love friendship and justice of God. As a man of the Lord I wrestle with living my life in the light of fearing the Lord God yet resting in him as my abba. I tremble and fear at the thought of my sin before the Holy one of the world yet I confess them to Jesus and they are washed away. I find myself in the Holy place of the Lord falling on my face and weeping yet I am able to crawl into the Lap of God in Jesus name and be loved. Praise the king for all of who he is and the Lord for his grace and mercy that I am able to be in Gods throne room in fear and love. God is no Joke he is an awesome God and he rains from heaven above. Jesus comes and touchs them. If I am in their place I am not going to stop bowing till I know God the father is ok with that. I am going to bow before God one day and I tend to think I am going to do it just because God is Holy and I am not. Jesus touches them and it is ok. They Loved Jesus and showed they trusted him to here. They saw no one but Jesus. Like I bet it took them a few minutes to focus and rest before they got up. And the Lord tells them not to fear. Jesus is there alone and able to guide them

9 Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.”
Is this not the hardest thig ever or what? Here is the greatest thing ever and they know the end of the world that Jesus is going to be back and take them home. Jesus talks about him being risen from the dead. I wonder if things in Peter are beginning to click yet or not. I need to keep my eyes and heart into this. But to not tell anyone the Lord is God is hard. Why do I think this was not to be shared? SO Jesus could build the faith of the 12? If you look at the first easter you note that John and Peter were the first to show up of the 12. Ity fits here that he recalls this at that time and it might hit him at the tomb.

10 And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?”
11 Jesus answered and said to them, “Indeed, Elijah is coming first and will restore all things. 12 But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him but did to him whatever they wished. Likewise the Son of Man is also about to suffer at their hands.” 13 Then the disciples understood that He spoke to them of John the Baptist.

Jesus is referring the John the Baptist here. He was the one that would be like Elijah. He was in his judgements and preaching. Here is a thing to clear up this

All of God’s previous revelation culminated in John the Baptist. Jesus said, “For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John. And if you care to accept it, he himself is Elijah, who was to come” (vv. 13–14). Through the last words of the last Old Testament prophet, God had said, “Behold, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and terrible day of the Lord. And he will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the land with a curse” (Mal. 4:5–6).
Yet John said he was not the literal, resurrected Elijah most Jews expected (John 1:21), or that many Jews today expect. But he was the Elijah that the prophet Malachi predicted would come, as the angel confirmed to Zacharias: “It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah” (Luke 1:17). John was like Elijah—internally in “spirit and power” and externally in rugged independence and nonconformity.
Jesus’ point in Matthew 11:14 was that if the Jews had believed John’s message was from God and that Jesus was the Messiah, John would be the fulfillment of the Elijah predicted by Malachi. But if they refused to believe John’s message, another Elijah-like prophet would come one day in the future. Because the Jews rejected John the Baptist as the true Elijah who was to come, they prevented the complete fulfillment of the prophecy as God had originally given it through Malachi. Another prophet like Elijah is yet to come before the Lord Jesus returns.After John had been imprisoned and killed, Jesus confirmed the Jews’ error: “ ‘Elijah is coming and will restore all things; but I say to you, that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wished.’ … Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?