Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Lords table

Good to be alive and still have all my brains and it is good for the area. A person at the best chuch has been here Hi grace and keep coming and keep me honest on here so I am preaching the truth on Jesus and his word. I hope to get the book of mattew out this year and then go though the book of John or Acts then the Corinthians because there is tons of hard things in that book and I want to do that one verse at a time

I was going to preach this before and I am now. Here is the Lords table as Jesus gives it in the Gospel of Mathew and I want to look at some things about this.

Text is Matt 26 26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27 Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 29 But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom.”[1]
Lets look at the text and then some then some thoughts on the table. Jesus is with the 12 in the upper room hours before he is going to die for our sins. They are doing the Passover and Jesus takes 2 of the things in the Passover meal and he is going to make a new meal. Jesus took the bread and gave thanks and broke it and said this is my body take and eat and do this in remembering me. Jesus is the bread of life in the book of John and the bread was a part of the Passover. In the Passover the people took the bread as did not make it rise but Jesus takes the bread of the Passover and makes it his body. I think of the life of Jesus when I take the bread. It is not made into the body of Jesus but is a symbol of his life. It does not become the body as some think and it is not a token to get forgiveness of sins. You need to be forgiven to take the meal and I am going to hit that a little later.
Jesus then took a cup of wine or juice or whatever. I am not concerned in the thing in the cup. He said this is my blood that is shed for your sins. Not the real blood and does not become the real blood. I think this is to think of the cross and the blood that he gave so we could be forgiven of our sins. Blood was used in the old to seal a contract. It was blood that God used to say death is a requirement for our forgiveness. Hear this BLOOD IS THE ELAMENT JESUS GAVE TO FORGIVE YOUR SINS. If you do not have the blood of Jesus in your life YOUR NOT FORGIVEN. ONLY JESUS BLOOD FORGVAE SINS AND NOTHING ANYONE EVER DOES OR WILL DO MAKES YOU SAVES FROM SIN. NOT A WORK OF ANYKIND FORGIVES YOU. For that I will die for gladly because it is the truth. The drinking of the cup is a remembering not an act to be forgiven. This is a thing Jesus gave so that we would always think of him and know where we were from and know we need Jesus to be saved. We take this and we act out a play. We take the supper if we are saved and born again. If we are not we are not to take the Lords supper as it is for the child of God alone. If your not a saved person your not to take this supper. I think you can take it in a church or in the home. In order to take it you must confess your sins and be cleaned before the Lord and filled with the spirit. That means your clean in Jesus and sin free. I think you need to confess and get right with Jesus every day and before you take in the word and pray.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?