Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Jesus in the Garden

Here we are going to get the Shadman and he is going to bring it to you so you know. I am not stopping bible talks on here and I am not stopping the truth I need to put out. I need to work on the looks and the hair. I am not doing it well and when I am not presentable I am not working my life for the Lord and when I am not working for the lord my time here is a waste and bottom line that is not good. I am not going to grow in the Lord if I am not keeping up with my looks and I am going to need to learn to look my best so I am able to take the message and tell the news and be heard I got to look my best.

I want to look at the book of Mathew and the time Jesus spent on the night before he died. Jesus has been in the upper room and much of the time between that and the time of arrest is spent in praying. Jesus was going to the greatest work that would do. Jesus death is the point of his greatness on earth and in heaven. Let us once again look at the passage in the time Jesus goes and prays:

Matt 26 36 Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.” 37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. 38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
Here is the truth I could write a ton on this passage and it would never hit close to it. Jesus asked the men to pray and they did not. Jesus wants us to not fall but to help others when they are going in the hard times come. The men did not pray and follow the Lord. All they did was to fall asleep and let Jesus suffer. Jesus was preparing to become the most sinful thing ever by taking all the sins of all time.


39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.” 43 And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy.
What is the cup? It is the cup of suffering. Jesus is going to pay with his life for all the sins of the world. Jesus is submitting to the will of God and he does not enjoy it and matter of fact he is alone and has to die. So he wakes up the men and they did not follow him and he rebukes them for not being faithful for him in this time he is in the worse part of the plan. Jesus is not worried about the physical but Jesus is sad about the time he was going to be without the father. It makes me think of the times that I am not alone with the father and not close to the Lord. If Jesus grieved it so much more ought I grieve the sins that take me away from the sweet closeness of the Lord?
One thing I think and need to mention, your not going to be able to ever beat the devil and you ought not try. It is not ok to to curse the devil and send him to hell and whatever. All I think you need to do look to Jesus and make him fight the devil. Satan is one that will kill you and eat you alive. If he messes with you just go tell Jesus and tell the devil to leave you alone and run to Jesus. If he reminds you of your past you tell him about where he is going and doing in hell.

44 So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. 45 Then He came to His disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand.”

Here is the thing Jesus time is right then and the plan to kill him is there. Lets look to learn how the Lord treats thing and then lets long to see what happens. It might be of help to look at the movie “The Passion of the Christ”. I think part of it are not good but we can see it and know of the cross and the horror that it brought to Jesus.

Remember to comment and do it without me knowing who you are. Hit comments and type away. Note if the comments are not good and make Jesus look bad they go but if they are good I might type some to you. I love you all and keep reading me. shad

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?