Sunday, October 16, 2005

 

Heavens door

I want to go over a thing I learned in conformation and the Lords Table. They told me that when I take this I am forgiven of my sins. It is not right and one reason I am not a Lutheran. I am not forgiven of my sins when I take the supper I am forgiven when I confess and forsake my sins. Also the false teaching that your sins are brought to the seat of the seat of heaven is false. Look at this massage and then tell me where is sin after it is forgiven.

Psalms 103 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
12 As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.[1]

It is as for from the east and the west. He removed them and the sin was paid for on the cross. Jesus took all our sins and canceled the code and the punishment. Look at this verse
Col 2 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.[2].

What was done 1 All sin was forgiven and the things that were coming to us is gone due to God wiping out the trespass that was to come to us. Jesus took all the pain for our sins forever and to say we have to face them and false teaching. Here is the text the teacher used to say we are judged in heaven for our sins.

Heb 10 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.[3]

I think this is to the unsaved people. If people sin willfully is he saying that the sin makes you lose forgiveness and makes you lose standing? Look after the after receiving the truth and I maintain that is salvation. If we reject the Lord after he clearly told us how to be saved then we fall into the hands of God. God’s onetime death is the reason we are forgiven and seated in heaven. Look at 29 God is saying that if you trample the son of God and insulted the spirit then God is going to judge. If you reject the Spirit your rejecting the work of Jesus on the cross and thus it is fearful to fall in the hands of the living God knowing that you rejected his son.
I want to say that I lean toward not wanting to sin because it is going to lead me further from Jesus and my call is to be close to the Lord. I am not close to the lord in the case when I sin and offend the Lord and that hurts Jesus. As the case for heavenly sin judgment I am not convinced on this passage in Hebrews and thus I need proof out of this.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?