Thursday, September 29, 2005

 

the wise servent and the dumb one

I am going to see wayne my pal in high school so I am not going to type on fri night. Also Dave Jones you need to call me or write to me soon I miss you. Noah has been to this page and thus I need to take a swipe at him. Noah I am right and you’re a demo so that is the swing and I hope you come to the right and be ok with it. A packer fan and a Democrat and my chuan. Life is good at work I did some small cleaning and I was praised. I liked that in a Job to know your doing a good job. Noah still reading we need shelf’s for the soap son and we need a more conservative court man. I mean Roberts is going to be excellent but we need more bible thumper there so we can restore the Christians rights and get the bible in a more authorized role in the land. I want the bible to be a part of education so the kids know about the basics and that is needed because the bible is the cornerstone of freedom. I think it is a good thing to promote the bible is public schools and their ought to be classes in high school that teach the bible as a elective.

I am going to talk on the best story in the bible I think tonight and one that I like to think about. If you want to know the Lords thinking on investing listen up because it is here in the text

Matt 25 14 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. 15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey. 16 Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. 17 And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. 18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money. 19 After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
So here are some terms for the parable. Jesus is the man traveling to the far land and the servants are the Christians. If you’re not saved you’re not in this parable sorry friend but maybe there are things you might learn in life here. Talents are the gift of salvation and the gifts the Lord gives after you were saved. So lets look at how the servants did. Jesus gave the first person 5 gifts and he wisely went to work and did many things like invested and gave to the poor or did things to bring the talents up to double. The next man gave and did things like invested in things and he doubled his gifts and that is a fine thing to do. The one only had one talent and he decided to take the easy road and not serve the lord and not invest the things he had. He dug a hole in the ground and did nothing what he had. So Jesus returns and gives the points.

20 “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’ 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ 22 He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’ 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
We find Jesus back and the rewards being dished out. One with 5 doubled the amount and Jesus said well done good and faithful person. Jesus gave the person a lot of gifting and lots of work was done that Jesus saw he money doubled. Jesus is going to give him tons in the kingdom and be able to serve at a greater depth than the others. Friend if your saved your being here means you got a job to do and the way you do it is going to matter in the kingdom of God. Slack off now your going to not have all you could in heaven. Lets go after everything in heaven we can and the way to do it is to serve Jesus with all we are and not slack. I think heaven is going to have levels and I want to get to the levels that make me do more than I am able in heaven.

24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’
26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
Here is the lazy servent and one must wonder if this man was in the fold. He brings his one to the master and he gives it to him and he is scared of the master. I did not do anything with what you gave me. Jesus makes it clear he is very mad because Jesus gave and got nothing in return for his money. I do not think this man is going to be in heaven because he was not saved because he feared the Lord in the wrong way. Also this man did not love the things of Jesus and did not love Jesus. He did nothing but live and die and he goes before the Lord and Jesus takes the gift and gives it to the one that did the most. And the man is cast out because he did not swerve the Lord and had nothing in his heart for the Lord. If you did not serve the Lord in the life your given your not going to in the next. It is not a good thing to get saved and do nothing with it. Better you do not get saved because all the works you do will mean nothing

Comments:
Are you kidding me?!? You think the supreme court should be full of members that want to promote your religion? We should teach your religion as an elective in high school? What would you say if your neighbor said they should teach the Koran in school? Or the Catholic ways? Or Jewish? You cannot impose your religon on others through law or public education.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?