Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

why do I need the hard times in my life

If tom delay broke any law we ought to hang him up to dry. I am not going to defend any party or anyone that breaks the laws to get into power. If a man breaks a law kick him in the slammer till the fine is paid. I am not into congress or anyone doing things that are wrong to get any office. I might not agree with the laws but break them and get convicted your out the door. I have no time for the trash of playing games in congress. I want people to work on bills and get the peoples business done and nothing else. It is insane to elect stupid folks that break the law and then pay them to make the laws. You make the laws and you keep them.

Here is tonights bible lesion for you. I want to ask you first what do you talk about? Is it sports and news or is it the things of Our Lord. What ever is in your heart you are going to end up talking about. Like if my mind is on the last game and I talk about it all the time maybe I need to see if that is a idol in me. It is never good to have anything before Jesus and I admit I am not the best at that and I want to be. Having anything come before Jesus is a bad thing and one thing I need to work on in life so I can be a stronger man of Jesus. He must come first and never take any other place in my heart.

So why do we have hard times? Is not the Lord in control of everything that happens to us. I went to church and in the book we are reading the pastor did not hit this so I will. Here are reasons we might go into a hard time. First God might want to make one humble and trust him more. It might be you think you can make it on your own and the Lord wants you to trust in him and his care for you so he is going to shake your faith and make you turn to Jesus. God is going to make you turn to him one way or the other. Seciond God might use hard things to draw you to his care and to salvation. He is not one that wants to send you to hell God might draw you to him in a hard thing

John 8 44 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day[1]

Not one person is able to get saved unless Jesus draws him to God. He might use the hard things to draw you to get saved. God might want to show himself as the greater than anything God. He is greater than anything and he might need to prove it in your life and heart. Have a look at this verse

Jer 32 17 g: 17 ‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.[2]

Nothing is out of the reach of the Lord and he is greater than anything your ever going to face. He is the maker and he is the provider and no one ever is outside or bigger than the Lord Jesus. God also wants you to see him as your Refuge and your strong tower and your helper. If he is all of them then we have a hope for our hard times and we are going to make it in hard times. ]

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?