Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 
Happy Labor day to all far and wide. I worked to celebrate it so I like this. I am happy but my back it is pain but here I am working on the nightly blog. I hope you all had a good weekend. I am not sure what to think on the south but I want you to give your prayers and if possible cash to the people there. I got another team to play football with and I missed the draft. I still think I might be ok. I let the machine pick the team and I am ok with it.

I want to finish this section of the book I am working on tonight. I am not sure I am going to finish the book but when I do I want to do a series on the church and the end times as I am going to be taking a class on that topic.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.[1]

I have done some of the fruits of the spirit and I have talked on how to walk in the spirit. I want to think about tonight the last part of the chapter. If we are the Lords we have been crucified in the flesh. We no longer are subject to the passions and the desires of the flesh. We need to live this. We need to choose this life and live for Jesus and walk in the power we got when we got saved. If we live in a way that is not obeying the Spirit and just feed our flesh we are going to be babies at best and we are not going to work for the Lord and if we do not work for the Lord we are not going to live the best we can for him. Friends I point at me in the preaching I do because I just want to be a solid man of faith in the Lord. We do not hear this walk in the spirit preaching in the churches today. We go and the preachers neglect the concept and we think we are good solid people. It is a time to preach this and I am going to start. I am saved in Jesus work but I am sanities by living a life in the Spirit and walking in the Spirit. To walk is to starve the flesh and to feed to soul and spirit. We also walk in the Spirit and that is to obey him and surrender to the Spirit and stop living for the flesh. Many people get saved and do not grow. I am one that wants to grow up and live and surrender my life every day to the work of the Lord.

Your working to grow is not good if it is not the Work of the Spirit. We are to allow him to work in our life’s. We need to be cleaned up in the spirit and that means we confess our sins and make room for the Lord. If he convicts you of a sin confess it and seek not to sin in that way. Starve the flesh and work to replace that sin with the word and walk in the victory you have in Jesus. If you’re trapped in the sin keep confessing and asking for the power and seek to learn the bible so you can grow. It takes time to win the war and be strong friend but if you keep at this life of walking in Jesus. Seek the Lord in all ways and you will win the war. If you seek Jesus you will find him.

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?