Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

fig tree in the bible

I want to welcome a big star the fold mainly James and Eric hi hope you come often and yes hang out here on the blog. Also Michelle Cady is the best co-worker in the world and I love her lots. Hi Kat and Brain and to all my co-worker that matter thank you for being a blog member. I also have to congratulate Erin Buescher a friend of mine and one that the Lord used to draw me to himself for being a world champ. Way to go Monarch and to erin for her witness to the greater area as I hope you are able to use this to bring the name of Jesus both fame and honor that he is due. I have spoken of Miss Erin here on my blog and I just think it is a good thing to have won a hard fought and mighty entertaining playoff. All you in the Lynx office it is ours next year.

I am not King James as many in the Carlson err are but I am new king james and I like it lots. Here is tonights bible lesion

Matt 24 32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! 34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.[1]

In the bible we can find many times Jesus spoke in ways the crowd did not get what Jesus is saying and this is one of the times. I am going to do my best to type this out and make it make some sense and if not hit the comment and we will work it out, We need to look back at the other things Jesus has said in this to make it right. Jesus wants to draw this to a point and that is what we want to find. Fig trees in the summer become tender and they have new leaves on them. You know summer is the time of the year of the harvest of the fig tree and the leaves are going to bloom. Jesus then make this apply by saying that it is close to the end of the age and the things that are said prior to this parable is the generation of the second coming of Jesus. This generation means the time the signs are being filled. So to rephrase this perhaps Jesus could say it like this.

I say to you in the generation of the signs I told you about. In this Jesus is defining the time of the end. Are We there. It seems like many things that the bible say are going to happen are happening. There is not one thing in the bible that has to happen before the return of Jesus. He is going to be back in a time we do not know. In the last phase Jesus said heaven and earth are going to pass away but the word I speak is not. If one thinks to build a line that Jesus is going to destroy the heavens and the earth out of this ok. I lean toward Jesus making this a statement that Jesus word lasts forever and I make it knowing he makes this same statement on the sermon of the mount. One also might use the passage in 2 peter and say the heavens as we know them are going to pass away to. Many of the things I refer to are out of John Macarthur books just to give him the credit on where I am thinking or rather researching this passage. I am not pulling thing out of my head.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?