Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

do not feed the flesh feed the Lord in your life

Hey fans what’s going on. U ok and are you giving till it hurts? I am glad the land has given the cash. I am glad that I am ok and I am a person that is able to help people. I am glad that God is good and he is on the move in the worst thing to hit the USA ever. I got to thinking is this not a time that we ought to be thinking this is the wrath of God this is a time to thank the lord and ask him to help us and do the righteous thing and help the folks that need the help they need. It is a time to be hopeful and welcome the people we need to and make this a turning point. Sure we are under the wrath of the Lord but we are under the hope if we are saved. I saw Richard Simmons and he said we need to pray lots more and ask the Lord for his grace and help. Friends I am watching the stuff going on in the south and I am praying for a ton of things. My friend Brad found his family and they are trapped so we need to keep praying to a Lord that is here and we need to

I want to talk some about the tape I heard in bed last night. One thing we need to do is we need to starve the flesh and give more to the spirit. I think it is a good thing to learn and live. I am not going to find success in the war on sin if I am not starving the flesh and feeding my soul. Like this if I want to forget something I do not help myself by thinking about it or going to places to remind me of the sin. If I am a drinker and I am trying to conquer it I am not going to go to the bars or go store where you bought your beer. No you want to change the plan go to new place and find new things to think about. I am not going to want to hangout with my old pals and be around beer I need to stop anything that is going to remind me of the sin out of my life. I have been talking about the fruit we have when we are walking Here is a part of the sermon Mac preached last night

(a) Romans 8:12-13--"Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh" (v. 12). Do you owe the flesh anything? Did the flesh ever do anything for you? No one ever gives a testimony on how the flesh has blessed his or her life. There is no reason to pay any kind of attention to the flesh. We have been liberated at the cross from being controlled by our fleshly desires. Verse 13 says, "If ye live after the flesh, ye shall die; but if ye, through the Spirit, do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." Paul says, "Get in there and kill the flesh!" The best way to do that is to starve it to death. If you refuse to feed it anything, it shrivels up. If you feed the flesh, you put yourself in a position to be tempted. But don't give it anything that appeals to it. Walking by the Spirit is not a state of passive surrender; we must be actively involved in controlling our flesh.

I like this do we owe the flesh anything? It does not help us live for the lord. It does not help us be happy and Joyful. The flesh did not ever give help to us and make us better for serving the Lord. We need kill the flesh and not feed it. If we feed the flesh friend we are going to sin more and not serve the Lord as we ought. Are we going to live weak and feed the flesh or are we going to get out there and win the war with Jesus help and starve the flesh and feeding the Spirit. Note that we need to eat the good things like good bible teaching and solid fellowship. We will not grow if we do not get active and fight for the entire Lord and not feed the flesh.
Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?