Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Peace in Jesus

I want to do something to help the people in the south. I am asking each reader of my blog and web site to give 5 bucks to anyplace that is helping the people in the south get back on their feet. I never want to see it nor do I need to know about it. This is on your honor. I am heart broken over the storm and the many people that are homeless or need food.

It is the start of a new year for school. I am going to a small bible school here in St Cloud Mn. I have never told you out there where I live. I am in the great Midwest and I am a fan of the Masters College. If your there your going to meet me later. I am a dishwasher at Panera Bread. We serve good food and you ought to go eat there after you give 5 to the people that need it. I know people are hurting tons and that is not good. I am happy to help people and I just have a hurt for them and for us to take care of our own. SO let me know if your going to give and God will bless you for it.

Gal 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.[1]

I am going in the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Peace, what is it and what do I need to do to get it. First of all it is rest. Here is a def out of the Greek for this word. The tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot, of whatsoever sort that is. SO it is resting in knowing we are saved. It is assured that when we die knowing Jesus we are going to make it to heaven. That alone is the great things to dwell on and to understand that we lost sinners have the chance to live in a place where our great Lord is going to be the focus. Peace is also knowing that whatever happens to us we are going to ok because Jesus is Lord and we have his in life. Might I challenge you however on peace. We need to make peace with the Lord by confessing our sins and being right with Jesus. If your not in Jesus then your not going to have peace of any kind.

Peace is having the Lord in the hard times and being at ease when hard times hit. It is having Joy when we are in hard times. We are not to run from hard times in our lifes because we need to be joyful and not be ruled by them. We are going to work for peace in our lifes and in the world. We want to seek it in or friends. If you are going to live for the Lord we are going to be right with our friends and our family. We need to clear the air in some friends and make sure we are right.

We need to obey the Lord in our life and we are going to have peace. Jesus is the one that died for our peace with God. If we know that we will have great peace
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?