Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

old vs new gal 5

Ok some personal news. I am well and working hard at my job. I got the 6th season of the simpons and they are ok to watch. I am spending lots of cash of late and I need to learn to save it so I can go to Masters Bible week this year. I am looking forward to that. I am adding some photos that I am scanning to one of the sites and recommending books on the other. SO what ever one your reading I am happy your one that is reading the sight and learning things. A friend that told me that she has a husband that has read his bible every day for the last 30 years humbles me. It is something I want to do and that is to read the bible every day and feed on the real meaning of life. I might go to the cities this week yet but who knows if I will or not.

Here is tonights Bible thoughts

Gal 5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.[1]

What has Jesus made you free from? It is for me Jesus has helped my depression and my doubts that I am saved. Also Jesus is helping my not to cus and not to be obsessed with people and helping my focus to be more on him. He is also teaching me to be depending on his hand to provide for my needs. For that I am grateful. More I am saved from hell and that is the greatest thing I am freed from. In the text Paul said that Jesus has made us free so we ought to not be entangled in bondage again. Paul is talking in context to the Christians in land he wrote to that had brought Jewish stuff into the faith of the Christians.
In this passage Paul goes into the two sides of Grace and law. It has to do with circumcision and if one is. If you are then you trust in the law to save you. Problem is that the law had to be kept all the time is everyway and one slip means your done. If you did not get cut then you go onto the side where you count on the Lord Jesus for your forgiveness and your not in the law. If you go back then the Lord cannot save you because you are not in grace. SO do you want to have the law kept in you and for you or do you want to have to keep the law for your self. Faith is where we all ought to want to go because then you keep the law and are saved.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?