Friday, August 05, 2005

 

More on the law and grace

It is my 33rd birthday and I hope you all enjoy it in Jesus and learn to walk tight in the Lords arms. I had a get together at a place here in town and here is who came. Dana and Chad, Jessie and Luke Davie and Jake and Sam. Also Jeff Kellerman and Hannah and Hattie. It was fun to have Ben and Brad there to. It was a good day. I went to see the Dukes and I think the movie was not all that good to be honest with you all. I think they did not play the roles all that well and the show was not like the old show was. I am getting season one soon and then the other ones. I hope to get more money but if not that is ok to. I am content to live for Jesus and Live as if he is the one I am to please. I am able to serve him on the net here and try to live the life for him. If you readers want to email me I can send my address out to you or just comment on the blog.

Ok Last time I talked and said that Jesus was cursed by the devil for us yet I made a mistake and I am going to work this out. It is like this the devil is not owed anything for our sin payment God is. It is not that Jesus died for the devil but Jesus died for God. God is the one we owe our sin payment to because he alone is the one we offend when we sinned. I was not clear in that last time and I am making it clearer. I am not into a ransom payment to the devil because the evil of the devil sends him to hell. God is the one we fear and make peace with. We are to enter his heaven and that is who all sin is against and alone we must face. Jesus paid that fine and if Jesus paid that we have no fear if we are in Jesus. .

15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man’s covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it. 16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect. 18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise
Here is a thought on this passage. We are looking really at two periods of Gods plan here one is before the law and one is after the law. In the time before the law Abraham was made faultless by trusting in the word of God. Moses came and gave the law and then God wanted man to do in that time. Not that God plan had failed but God had to bring the plan to make the people aware of sin and how then he could point to Jesus and his plan. We are going to work on the law thing next couple of times I work on this. The Seed is Jesus and that is the one that came out of the family of Abraham. Jesus is the seed of the promise. It was given before the law and the seed saved some of the folks before the law.
I like the NIV in this passage
15Brothers, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed,"[g] meaning one person, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.
I think it is much more readable here and I get the point. Laws are given to point out sins. You cannot get into hope in the Laws but in the seed of faith. I will work more on this later

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?