Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Love it does a Soul good

Right to the things that matter.. Football. I think the Vikings were not all that great on Fri. night. If we cannot clean up the stupid calls we are not going to go anywhere in the playoffs. False starts are the dumb plays that are not going to get us anything. How bout the twins. They are a couple games out of the playoffs and they are getting a bit better as the play. It might be the sleeper this year and if they play hard we still might win the division.

I thing the people that are on strike ought to go to work and try to win the contract. I am talking about the NWA strike that is going on. I do think it is not right to go off a job and not work. I am making dirt and I go to work every time I am asked. I think it is not right to dishonor the people you work for. I want to people to go to work and honor the contract they have. It might be they need to put in the people that know the planes so they get the planes fixed right and the people are safe. I hope Bush calls them to the table so they get to work. I might get some stock in NWA and take the money to the bank.

I want to hit this passage in Gal again because I did not hit the points that I think I need to.

Gal 5 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another![1]
We are not to take the fact that we are saved as a time to sin and just do what we want. I did a thing on this last week. I want to hit the fact that you fill the law when you love your neighbor as you love yourself. Love is putting the needs of others before yours. I think this is a major thing in our faith and it is a reason we lack. So what are some ways we love? We can give cash to the food shelves for the folks that need food. We can call our friends and offer rides to church or to the store or maybe to a place to eat out and go to a fun place. We can offer to cook for people and have them over. Many things we can do to make Love known. In the war we ought to write anyone we know that is in the war and try to help him or her. Friends I want to make this call to us, lets go out and help to make a difference in another’s life. Go out and but a pop or a meal for someone. Make this a daily thing and love people like Jesus.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?