Sunday, August 07, 2005

 

Law of God 2

Happy Sunday. Went to church today and it was good. I talked to a man at church that does a blog that is politics. I read it from time to time and it is ok. I am a diehard conservative and so is he. He did not like John Macarthur and that is sad. I love Mac and I think he is the best teacher alive and I use his teaching on my blog so if you do not like him your not going to like my blog. But you’re here so lets look at tonight’s lesion.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith, which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.[1]

Last time I talked on the truth that the law was given to us by the Lord to prove to us that we are sinners and we never could obey the law. I am thinking that the law was given and kept by the Lord Jesus. So tonight’s text faith came before the law. It was the law that became the tool that made us see that we are not able to go to God on our own but the law makes us need to go to Jesus and He brings me to God. The fact is I did not know I am a sinner and offended God until I saw the law and knew I broke it. Jesus Justified us so now we are ok and the Law is going to be gone in our life’s because we then are to live in the grace of God. It is not grace that allows me to do whatever I am wanting to do but grace that allows me to live my life is a way the Lord is honored. Now that the Lord saved me I am a slave to Jesus and serve him alone. I am to obey him and not the law.

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
So when we come to Jesus we become the sons and daughters of God in Jesus. That is just like when Bob Rolfe signed the papers I became his son just like if I was born a Rolfe. I am the adopted son of the Maker of the world so if that is truth it means I inherit all the other Christians as my family and I am a Heir in the Lord. We are the children of God. We are placed into the body in Jesus and they are one. We are not a Jew or a Greek or an American but we are a part of heaven and the people and sons of the God of the world. We go to heaven and live there forever. We are not in a favored status in Jesus because God sees us in Christ the same. Jesus treats us as sons and the same. All Christians are treated the same by the Lord and are loved the same as the others. God has not favorites. We have the right to go to God and ask him for things and he will take care of us as if we were his own. What a blessing!
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?