Monday, August 29, 2005

 

Joy is a fruit of the Lord

Father I am sad that the storm is going to hit New Orleans. Lord I ask you to havke mercy on us and Lord I ask you to not hurt anyone. I pray Jesus you will bring us the help we need to help the people there and help us give a ton to help the people there. I ask you to help Brads fam and protect them in Jesus. Help us to love in this storm and help us trust you in Jesus name amen

God did a good thing and I am getting more hours this next week. I am thankful to the lord for hearing me and helping me. I always need to know the Lord hears my praying and that it makes a change. I hope to pray more on the blog and to see more of the hand of the Lord on life and in the life of people I pray for. If you need me to pray for you add a comment or email me and I will pray for you. I want to pray better and more. Prayer is a weakness if you do not pray because I ought to bring it all before the Lord and let him be more into it because it is a faith building thing. If one does not Pray he is utterly out of the will of God and we ought to pray about everything and everyone. We also ought to read the bible everyday and pray about all our needs. I am not sure I have talked a ton about prayer. What do I want to do when I pray. I want to Praise the Lord for who he is and what he has done for me. I want to repent for all my sins and get clean before Jesus because that shows we need Jesus and all he gives to me like forgiveness. I then want to ask the Lord for the things I need like hours for work or the needs of my friends and people I want to bless. I then yield and seek the Lord and see what he wants to do for me. God does think of you and if your saved you got the ears of Jesus at all time. If your not saved the only thing the Lord is going to hear is a prayer to ask Jesus to forgive you and take his offer of life forever.

I want to talk about the word tonight
Gal 5 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.[1]

As you know if you read me all that much I going in the book of Galatians and I am in Chapter 5 and the fruits of the Spirit. I have said that the fruit is a result of the work of the Lord and our yield of the life’s to Gods control. If your saved your life is going to prove it and you will find this fruit in your life and if your not then you need to be. I want to think for a bit about Joy. Friend if your saved I think your going to find a life full of Joy. Jesus has set you apart from hell. You’re a child of God and your life is his. In the end you cannot lose if you love Jesus and that ought to make you happy. I think a Christian ought to have more joy then anyone else. God has love for you that lasts forever and all kind of blessings are yours for serving and loving Jesus. We ought to be the happy people and have the deep joy of knowing the Lord is on our side. The Joy of the lord is our strength. Think about this, God in his person has given us much to have joy about. We have Joy on knowing the Lord is mercy and has mercy for us. He does not deal with us, as he ought to. He withholds the punishment that is ours and he gave it to Jesus.

Joy in the Lord ought to come from the creation that he has given to us. God made the world and he wants us to enjoy it. I have talked about this before. Jesus came to give us life to enjoy. I enjoy going on a bike ride and seeing what the Lord made. I am also a fan of camping and going out to see the things the Lord has made. I have joy because he gave me his word and I love to know what he thinks. It is a blessing to have the bible. It is a blessing to have someone that loves you so much that all I am is in his heart.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
Jesus is the best topic to talk about. He rules all I am and all I will eveer be. He has died on the cross and rose so that I am able to have life forever and I am going to talk about him until the day I fall over and die and then i am going to talk to him
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?