Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

Go Vikings and We got to keep out of cults

Here is tonight’s entry into my official diary. First of all one preseason game has been played and the Vikings look good. I am looking forward to the season and maybe super bowl. I am hoping but they always have hope in the pre season heck even the Texans have hope this time of year. I think we are going to be good but I have to wait till November to know for sure. I am going to keep typing on my teams all the time. Erin is back on the IR and that is not the best thing. She needs to play hard so that she can spend the whole year on the squad. Ok I am going to try again at the passage tonight

12 Brethren, I urge you to become like me, for I became like you. You have not injured me at all. 13 You know that because of physical infirmity I preached the gospel to you at the first. 14 And my trial, which was in my flesh, you did not despise or reject, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. 15 What then was the blessing you enjoyed? For I bear you witness that, if possible, you would have plucked out your own eyes and given them to me. 16 Have I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth?
How were they to become like Paul. They were to accept the truth and that is that you go to heaven because of your pure faith and not by works. Paul became a Jew to reach the Jews and follows the law so he has to get the respect to reach the folks that he is trying to reach. He became what he needed to be in order to get respect. Some how they helped Paul in a time he needed help so he preached there and got some converts the first time he went though there. Sometimes when we are getting our needs filled the people help us out and we in turn get to tell them the good news. Yet the people who helped out Paul became enemies. They did not want the truth of Jesus and they wanted to hang on to the Jewish faith. In this time we live in people are fin with the things they live and believe in but when you start telling them things they do not want to hear they get mad and turn on you. You are ok to befriend the non-Christian but if you bring up the truth they do not want it. Jesus is not going to accept your faith until you give up the sins your in. If you’re a drunk and want to be saved you give up the booze and then come to Jesus. If you’re a sinner you give up your sin because it is not easy to sin in Gods family. If your saved you long to please Jesus and not others. That is hard but that is the truth.


17 They zealously court you, but for no good; yes, they want to exclude you, that you may be zealous for them. 18 But it is good to be zealous in a good thing always, and not only when I am present with you. 19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you, 20 I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you.[1]

Now Paul is going to nail the Jewish folks that want the people to go to them not out of Love but just to get them into their faith. I look at cults that pressure you in but they are fakes and do it just to get you in. People you got to be careful not to go where it looks nice. Granite City is good at sucking you in to the false faith. Dennis will be friendly to you and love you until you are no longer theirs and find the truth. Of yes they greet you and talk a good talk to get you in the door. JWs get nice and so to do Mormons that take the bible and trash it but both want you in their camps. All the Cults work under the devil and he wants you in Hell. Folks I am not being mean in saying that I am concerned they lie to you and they are wrong. Paul wants to change his tone but he will not because the truth is not getting though to the people at this time. It is hard when a person leaves the faith. Hard on people that got them into the faith and who taught the faith to them. Pray for your faith so you wont be lost and wonder from it.

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?