Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Football is back

I am a NFL fan so from now till the super bowl you are going to get NFL thoughts on this blog. I am a Vikings man. I love them. So I am not sure that Marino ought be in the hall without the ring. I am sure glad he made it and I had his rookie card at one time. Dan was a great Qb and I am glad he is in and I wish he would of won the bowl. Steve Young is a good one that was really the star followed by Joe. He won a couple of super bowls and he did do well as a running man. I hope the Viking are a good team this year and they might be. I am not a big fan of the QB we have. I just do not like his not holding onto the ball and the picks. I am not going to pick him in the draft if I play fantasy. I think I am going to pick Manning or Brady over the Vikings teams. I am not sure I am going to pick a Viking because I am not sure they are going to be the best offence. I am not going to play to lose this year. I mean they better do ok so I am able to watch them and see a season that I am able to be proud of.

Here is a word for this day

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, does not differ at all from a slave, though he is master of all, 2 but is under guardians and stewards until the time appointed by the father. 3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world. 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.[1]

I am not sure I am going to get this part right, I think Paul is taking about a young person in Jesus and how he is a slave but that did not make any sense. The heir is not a person out of the faith so that makes no sense. So I am stuck as a personal thought He is talking to Jewish men and in that it could mean the Jew was under the laws until they got to a point of Jesus and they went to grace. They were in bondage to the law until the Lord made them free from the law. In the right time Jesus came and set the Jews free. He came to make them free from the law and made Grace the law so to speak.

Mac thinks it is the coming of age compared to salvation. It is the child until he is saved and then he becomes of age and gets the truth. I am not sure about this if he is a child of God or if this is a metaphor. I do not agree because in 2 the inheritance is ours until we come to age and then we get it. Salvation is the inheritance and heaven is granted. Yet you have to wait until your ready to get the gift.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?