Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

flesh is bad for your spirit

I am going to Lynx game on Saturday night unless the Lord said no that he has not yet said. I am going to the fair in Friday and meeting up with my uncle. I am going to spend 150 but I hope I am able to spend less. I want to see ERIN play but not to say hi might be a good thing. I am happy she is saved and stuff yet Jesus did all the work on my life and used many people to get me off to my walk in Jesus. I am glad to know many people here in town that help me and love me in the Lord. It takes people to help one get into the Lord but it takes the Lord to save and encourage people in


SO Let us hit the word for a bit
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.[1]

We talked last time about the walk we have in the Spirit and tonight I want to talk about the flesh and the Works of the flesh. So lets talk about each of them a bit. Adultery is a sin. It is the sin of sex of any kind out side of marriage. It is lusting over gals and looking at them for the purpose of sexual fantyes. It is the act of homosexual people, incest, any type of sexual abuse and the bible call you not to do this and if you do your not fit for heaven. All you Priests you’re not in the kingdom. Being morally dirty like cussing and thinking about dirty things. Having an idol. It is a serious thing to have anything or anyone before the Lord Jesus in your life. Sorcery is using any kind of mood altering drugs. Some love to thing this means drugs that are used for mental health and to me that is not the thing. If you’re on a pill take it unless your Doc takes you off. I do not think however you need to take pot or any drug that is not given to you by the doc. Being Jealous is a work that can keep me out of heaven and so is losing the temper. Being selfish is something that is not good to do. I want to hit getting drunk and the whole thing about drinking. I am under conviction that one that is saved ought not drink,. It is not right to drink to me. I wish to claim this is a sin the Spirit is telling me. I am not going to let one pull me from this because this is the Lord telling me not to do it. If you drink I am not one to tell you you’re a sinner but I am going to say there is just too much of the world in the drinking that ought not be for a Christian. I might get mail on this but before you write know this is a conviction I have for the Lords work in my life.
If you keep this list in your life and keep it up and do not struggle in this list I think means your not in the Lords Spirit. It is not good to do the list and we need to repent of and get right in Christ. We are going to mess up and slip but our life ought to reflect the grace of God.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?