Friday, August 19, 2005

 

false teaching is bad news

I did a little work on the Shadman computer net and soon I am going to post some older bible thoughts on the old computer. I got that to go on the net and I just connect the files and email them to this computer. Also on that computer I got a drive for floppy disks and I am able to work with them and email them here to. Cool for all you nerds out there in the computer land. I also got a note on my blog talking about the KJV of the bible saying it is the right bible. I am not into it I guess and read many bibles in my time to study and I am not sure I think the king james is the bible for me. I happen to like the new king james and use it here on my blog and I compare many of the translations for study. I like to get the meat out of the bible and I use many things and want to use many more. I am a bible man and I hope to keep in the bible till I fall over dead. Bible is the key to life forever and I love my time in the bible and Blogging on it to you.

Gal 5 7 You ran well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion does not come from Him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in you, in the Lord, that you will have no other mind; but he who troubles you shall bear his judgment, whoever he is.
So here Paul is talking to the people and he said you started well but you left the truth of grace. Even in falling into sin however Jesus did not hurt or harm the sinner. Look at the person Jesus met at the well and how Jesus loved her into repenting from her sin into trusting in Jesus. Yet Paul is asking who led them astray and has the path of truth. Friends many are out there ready to take you off the truth and onto their own way. They want you to go into a “new way” and off the truth of the bible. In our day we need to stick close to people that know Jesus and that can encourage us and keep our walk honest and get out of the life’s of people that want to take us out of the race. Jesus is the truth and he is the one that wrote the bible. One thing I think is we need to get out of the movements that are telling us there is more than the Bible. If a teacher has a vision on new things that are not in the word run out of that place. If they are getting new revelations run out and do it now. God wrote it all in the bible and shut it. No more books are going to tell you the truth. Get rid of all the books like the Koran and Book of Mormon and the watchtower or any religions books outside of the bible. God’s word has 66 books and that is it. It was all given by God to men and any other claims to this are false and if you’re saved they will hurt your walk. If a little bit of teaching is false then it is all bad and get out. I do not think you ought be in a faith that is not purely based on the bible. God has made himself known and you need to be in his word and not in other things. Jesus said to build your life on the rock and that is the bible. I do not look and type on other books because they are not going to give me hope and truth like the bible.

11 And I, brethren, if I still preach circumcision, why do I still suffer persecution? Then the offense of the cross has ceased. 12 I could wish that those who trouble you would even cut themselves off





13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another![1]
Here is a point I want to make and that is that do not use your freedom in Jesus to go and just do anything that you want to do. Jesus did not save us so we could go out and do whatever but he saved us so we could be pure and without sin. It is not for sinning but serving the Lord that your saved.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?