Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Why Paul is right to write the bible

It is the night of the al star game. So to me the game is the best all-star game in all of sports unless Erin Buescher got the mvp at a wnba game. Erin keeps playing and you will be a star to someone. I am going to launch a new series tonight, as I want to do a study of the book of Galatians. I got a set of tapes and I just think it is the next thing I am to do. I want to do this book because there are some points that I need from this book in regards to freedom to do other things I want to do. Galatians is a short book that tells us that it is not the law that saves but it is the pure blood of Jesus. Paul and that is tonight’s thing I want wrote this book to type on. Why should we trust Paul’s writing and his books? Paul talks about himself in the first chapter. I am starting by going to the second part of the book but I can go back. Here is the passage I am going to start my look at this book

Gal 1 11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
When did Paul get the Gospel? He got it when Jesus himself came into his life on the road. It was the man that killed the people of Jesus and the new way that Jesus elected to write much of the New Testament. In the text tonight Paul talks on how he was saved and how the Good news was given to him in a direct way from the Lord Jesus. We all were called into our faith though people but the call was from the Lord Jesus and not from any man.

13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.[1]

Paul was like I said a killer and wanted to kill the followers of Jesus. He wanted to destroy the Christians and the way he was going to it was to kill folks that loved the Lord. However Jesus did not want that for him. He was zealous for his faith yet he was wrong. He wanted to follow the laws and wanted to be a good Jew

But that was not the Lords plan for Paul. God called him to work for the Gospel not to kill. It was Paul’s job to show the son of God and that was Jesus. Gods Job was to make the good news and our job is to show it to the world the best we know how..

Here is some reasons I think the Letters are to be trusted:
1 Peter and John saw the Lord on the mountain thus they had the knowledge of the Lords Kingdom
2 Paul was converted in a way that shows he had the right to preach the Gospel.
3 James and Hebrews I am not sure about yet.

All the bible is the word of God and not just the Red letters
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?