Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Pauls credits on why he can write the bible 2

Welcome to those who r reading the blog for the first time or the 50th time. I am happy your reading my writings and many of you tell me you and keep it up. Well I am not going to beat around the bush Lets jump into the word. In tonight’s passage we see Paul’s time before Jesus saved him.

13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers.
Paul was the Jew of all Jews and he did not hold it back. He in his time before he got saved wanted to harm this new faith that had been spread. Paul was relentless in his killing of Christians. He went ahead to drag folks out of their homes and killed them. Like if you were sitting in a place worshiping and Paul went in and drags them out of the place and kills them He was zealous for his faith He wanted to keep the Jewish faith alive.

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.[1]

But when is pleased God to save Paul God saved him. I got friends that think Jesus does pick folks that are saved. I think and I see in this passage the Lord was the only thing that could save a hard man like Paul. Paul’s Jewish faith was one that he could or did not break. From the womb Paul said he was selected to know the Lord. This is a obvious God thing and not a Paul thing. Paul did not make a choice he was saved in his walk and that was it. Jesus did not give a chance that Paul was not going to saved. Jesus saved Paul and us purely because he wanted to. God saved you because he wanted to. You do not get to choose in a sense if you come into the family of God. God picks and choose.

What the task sent to Paul? It was to bring the saving faith to Jesus and get others saved. Paul was to go to the gentiles and tell of the Lord Jesus and the free salvation. Paul went into a time where he went off and spent time in the Lord and he got to know the Lord Jesus and he studied just the Lord Jesus. I read the book I am reading and I am not sure why but in this text Paul said he went to Arabia and then he went to Damascus. He was in the time he went Jesus taught him to know him. Paul got trained in Jesus by Jesus.

Here is things I take from thisI am elected to serve the Lord. Paul had a background that made it from my prospective was not savable but Jesus is not one that looks in my eyes Jesus picks the saved and who knows the most unthinkable can be saved.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?