Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

Paul and peter fight

I am only going to get 9 hours next week. It is a blessing because I am not going to be able to boast but I am going to have to trust in the provisions of the Lord. I am glad the Lord is going to test me and my faithfulness to his call. I know I am not as faithful but the Lord is going to pull me though and he is going to get all the glory. I got to hang out last night with my pal Peter and we talked on how we need to stop the terror and I think we need to ban the Islamic from being in the land. Ok It is a hard thing to do but if we are going to win the war we are in we got to do this.

I want to take a look at tonight’s lesion.

Gal 2 1111 Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; 12 for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision. 13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
Some in the church today are not getting the truth. Many are trying to get to heaven on their our and not by the way the Lord has given them to go. I know of friends that tell me the way to heaven is a way that one must work to go to. They even say that if you want to grow in the Lord you have to be perfect and obey the Law and not follow in the grace of the Lord. Peter in the book of acts was a man that had to be taught that Grace is the new way and folks cannot go to God via works. The Roman Catholic Church has set up a system where man has to earn their way in to heaven. Here in this book Paul is telling us that are not true. The reformers went to this book and told the truth and lost lives because of it. I want you to know one thing on this page I do not teach good works to be saved and being a good person earns you favor with Jesus. Paul went after peter because Peter did not see Paul as a true man of God. Paul was saved by grace and peter said that was not true. Peter still thought you had to do Jewish things and the Gentiles were not going to be saved because they did not go for total grace.
Peter also did not think all the Christians were righteous before the Lord. Friend if your in Jesus you are just as loved as I am in Jesus and you are going to be just as saved as all. There is no run in the body to make any one of Gods Kids less then what he is. If you’re a Christian you are special and Jesus made you one as he did me. If you go to a church I think is not the best you are still a Christian. Let me take a trail here and talk about unity in the body of Jesus. I might not unite in some ways with Christians that teach things that are not in the word. I do not unite in the work of the Roman catholic, a faith that I cannot trust in because they are not teaching the Bible and many other things. I seek them, as they need to be saved. I am not in unity when I go to a church that practices Speaking in the Spirit because I think that is not for this time. I think that stopped in the time of the writing of the bible. I do however thing many are saved in that belief but I am not going to share in things I do not think are bible based. I am not going to PK in St Paul because they do unite folks that are not to be united and they drop things out of good solid teaching that ought be. If the teaching of the AOG is going to change on salvation and they were to drop the touges and some of the lifting of hands and do good bible teaching I am ok but they do not. I think many are teaching false things Like one can fall out of salvation and I am not going to unite with them if they cannot get that right.


14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Look at 16. It might be the big thing I am going to just camp on. We are saved in grace and that is all the work of God and thus no work ever saves. If I give all my cash away and have no faith I go to Hell. If I save 5000 life’s and Jesus I go to hell. I urge you to check your salvation and be sure

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?