Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Missions are key

I am sitting here seeing the Truman show. I wonder if I am being watched on a cable network somewhere. You the reader are watching me on my thoughts on this page. I wonder if they matter. I think you matter so you got to email me and tell you’re out there. I am getting to talk to old friends at length this birthday week and that is always a good thing. I am hoping many of you surprise me and come to Mexican village on Friday night and say hi. I am hoping for a fun night. I am going to the bats game on Monday and doing the check thing on tues and wed. I am going to see a fun missionary this month so I got to save some money out for them.

I got to see firsthand the truth that the church I go to is not really caring about mission as I wish it would. I ought to talk because I am not as into it as I need be. I am talking on email to one in the field and it is fun. In church today Paul Minter spoke on how he is in a land that needs the bible. Friend’s they are under many things in the world. Lets just say they are under things as a family that are hard and still they fight on and spread the word and translate the bible so a new land can know the Lord Jesus. It comes to a point I think I am into and that is that if a man does not hear the name of Jesus he cannot be saved. It is a scary thing to know folks in other lands are depending on the Church to reach them and they have one of the missionaries speak and nobody cares. It is important to care and be a part of the body and make things happen for them. We do not sit and get the story as a church it might mean the church is not really doing the Job that needs to be done. Its like the Minters are our own and the owners of the church do not come get the stories. Missions are the biggest Job we do as a church and is the call we have. Yet the body did not come and hear the things. One reason I go to the church is the missions and if they are not going to do the job then we need to rethink the whole thing. I get many letters on missions and I try hard to pray for them because that is the best thing I am able to do to help them. I need to give more as I make more. I read missions things on Masters Blog site and I want to pray for them better. I think of Brad and Kelly that go to grace and hear they do not have cash. I need to pray for the workers of the harvest
We need to care about the lost. We need to be serious about missions and support churches that care about missions. We need to be in church every time it is open and paying tithes and offerings. We need to preach lesions about sin and preach hard so folks change and stop sinning. We need to stop entertain youth and put them in bible classes that teach them holiness. We need to get hymns in churches and not simple songs that do not have hard things in them. We need to support and reach the lost because the time is late and the Lord is coming soon. We need to stop singing rock music and start learning how to sing and proper music. Lets put a organ back in and sing hymns. Ok I am rambling

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?