Thursday, July 21, 2005

 

London Bombs and Gal 2 1 10

Hi everybody. I went to a funeral today and rested the rest of the day. It was a boring time in the Shadman house. Another bomb went off in London today. It is a sickening world is it not. A Muslim said today that they are against London and they are at war with them. Friend this is the reason we need to fight them and get them to come to Jesus. If we do not it is going to happen here and that scares people. In Los angles when I was there not one ounce of law checked you on the trains. I think it is high time we get our job done and win the other people to our faith in Jesus. It is not ok that Muslims even one is using their Koran to say it ik to nail and kill people. I am not backing down and saying they are a good religion first and foremost they so not honor Jesus and second they kill. Muslims are wrong in all ways and they ought to be out of this land because they threaten the lives of people. If one kills they all go that is what needs to happen. I am not in favor of them and their faith also because it is a faith that wants to rule nations and create governments in the name of Islam. Terror is wrong and the folks ought be out of the land. A few ruin it for all. But they threaten this great land I want them out and to go back to their lands where they belong. We as a land must never allow the killers into this place if we want to have freedom. Muslims do not want freedom they want to kill and the truth is the truth. Tonights text.
EX 20 13 “You shall not murder.[1]
Any questions???

Lets look at this Bible passage.

Gal 2 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), 5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
I am not preaching easy bible passages in this time. Paul is still talking about why he is to be trusted as a bible teacher, Paul s trip to Jerusalem was to go to the event in Acts 15 where they outlines the true Gospel and the false one. I did not read that text, but as you know this book is written to tell the people that thought you had to keep the law to be saved were not right. Salvation is a Grace thing and you never can keep the laws and be saved. Paul went to Jerusalem and proved to the rest of the church that the Good news was really Jesus alone and not some other rules. It was a false gospel the people were thinking was right. Paul and titus did not want to fall into a trap the devil was putting and that was a trap not to fully go into their faith with Jesus alone. Many people today are in the trap that you got to earn Salvation and that is not true. Jesus alone gave it. Paul is not going to give into the lies the devil plant to the folks. He is going to live the truth. edPa


6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),
I need to comment and say many take this out of text and use it to make the bible say what it does not. God Love gives no favoritism. He is going to treat all the saved the same. Paul used this phase to say the gospel is the same no matter who taught it. If he did or if Peter did the gospel is the Gospel. I want to put another translation here that makes a little clearer the passage.
(niv) 7On the contrary, they saw that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the Gentiles,[a] just as Peter had been to the Jews
So peter preached to the Jew and Paul preached to the gentile. I recognize that is a big different but I think the point is still the Gospel is the Gospel. I stand on this translation of this verse from the 5 min of research.



9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.[2]


In closing I am not sure I would of cut chapters where they are cut. I think Paul is trying to show why he is to be trusted.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?