Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

Liveing in Jesus and Segent opskar

I found out tonight that Marine Sgt. Bryan James Opskar classmate of mine died in the war that we are fighting in Iraq. I remember Brain as a good man that I had many classes with and a hockey player that Jack knew. I was told that the shuttle had blown up in 7th grade class by. He always was laid back and good to hang out with. Also he was in my confirmation class at church. Brains dad was a teacher at the high school I went to and his mom was a sectary in the system. I will remember the time I saw him at a game in the late 90s when he told me he play hockey for the juniors. Marine Sgt. Bryan James Opskar I thank you for paying for me so I could be free in this land.

Shad4983161

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.

I have have been talking a lot on this blog about the fact that you are not able to do anything to be saved except obey the Lord Jesus and accept his paid fine for the debt of mankind. Is Jesus a minister of sin? Was Jesus sinning when he fellowshipped with Gentiles. No Jesus wanted to reach out to the Gentiles and give them the good news of his death and forgiveness. We are dead to the law and we are alive for Jesus.



20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”[1]

I am no longer alive in the flesh but I am alive in the Lord. I am dead and no longer have to work to earn my standing with Jesus but I am already perfect in the Lord. I no longer have to live in the flesh but I am powered in me to live for Jesus and though Jesus. My life is now in Jesus as he has died for me. He lives in me and I am in him so I am able to serve him in the power given by Jesus and the Lords help. SO I am not going to trust in the old laws but I am going to trust in the Lord Jesus who has filled the Laws out so I am able to love and live for him.
Paul and I do not void Grace that Jesus gave but we live in the grace of God and follow in that knowing that is the reason we live. Righteousness is a gift from Jesus as he gave his life and comes in grace and we respond to that grace in living a life that is right but we do not and cannot live a righteous life without Jesus living it in us.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?