Monday, July 25, 2005

 

Justifed in Jesus and gal 2 15

I am a fan of movies and going to the movies and talking about them. I am not like some Baptists that think the movies are evil or sinful. I think this on the movies I see I want to see movies that Jesus would go to. I am not certain I always go to the best movies. I know you cannot go to a show that promotes a Christian worldview. If that makes me a person that allows people to stumble I am fine because it is not a sin to go to a movie and go out and hang out. I also am a Baptist and I am ok with Christian music with a beat yet I think it ought not be in church and worship. SO I am not a good Baptist and maybe not a good Christian but I am a lover of the Lord Jesus and I seek to know his life and grace all I am able to.

14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, “If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

I worked a bit on part of this passage last time but it needs more thought and I am going to give it. Last time I did some on the faith plus works thing and I did not think over the first part of this passage. Paul in 14 nails Peter for the fact that he is not teaching the Gospel right. Peter is saying that one has to become a Jew and then a Christian. It is not right to say. But looking at the life and the faith of him it is not too much to say it was like Peter t o fail the Lord. Peter failed the Lord many times in his walk and we do to. It is neat to see the Lord not giving up on him and forgiving his sins. Jesus forgives us when we fail and corrects us to.

Note also that Paul made it a public rebuke of Peter. If people sin and it is needed we also are to set them aside and rebuke them and try to make them repent. If they are out of fellowship then they can know what they did was not right and they repent and they can come and get back into fellowship. In the church we need to make people fear the sin they do and rebuke them so they are on the righteous road and not getting away with it. Sin needs to be dealt with in the church today and it is not.

I want to talk about a term tonight that is vital to this passage and the book and that is Justification. It means to me Just as though I had not sinned. I might of talked about it some in the past but I am going to nail it and work out the definition so we are on the same page. It means the Lords satisfied in the death of Jesus for all my sins. I broke the laws of the God and before God I stand guilty and I am in need of payment of my sins to be able to know God. Based on my sins I belong in hell. Jesus had to come and live a perfect life and then take his soul and die in place of me so I am able to go to heaven. It is terms that if you do not understand this you fail in your biblical knowledge. Jesus came to die as a perfect man to pay your sins off so you could go to heaven and have life. Jesus could pay for all the sins of all the people ever because he was perfect and his life had the value of every sin of all time. Jesus died and paid for all the sin debt owed to God. However it is a person that has to accept this payment on his behalf. One does not get the payment without faith in Jesus and putting his entire heaven into the Lords hands. One is never able to pay the debt of sin because God demands a life that never sinned not even one time. If he did then all the world would go to hell forever and no one would go to heaven. It is the death of Jesus alone that forgives sin and justifies man and nothing else ever including works or deeds determined the Heaven for anyone.
Shadman

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?