Friday, July 15, 2005

 

God wrote the whole bible

It was hot the last few nights here in Saint Cloud. I went for a ride today and it was hot. I got a deal on a video camera and it might be a neat thing to keep my life in check. I am going to use it when I go on trips and I am going to take shots of pals and one-day make a movie out of the thing. I am not happy with Harry Potter. He is not a good thing for people of faith should like. I know of some in the faith that like him and that is fine. If you like him keep him away from me. I want to fight Harry with the Bible. Satan is in the Harry potter trash and it is this mans thought that you ought to not read it and read the Old Testament that is funnier and it is true too.

Here is tonights text in Gal.

Gal 1 11 But I make known to you, brethren that the gospel, which was preached by me, is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
I have a man that I share the news with and we get into the basics and he seems to have Jesus in his life and heart. Yet I go into a thing like gay marriage and he tells me that Jesus never had anything to say about it. Or I bring up other topics in the bible and because Jesus never is recorded it in his words he said I am not right. Paul must know what I am talking about. He in the text does not want to be blamed for his words being his own he wants the reader to know that his words were given to him by God. I want to take some time tonight to address the bible and how come it all is right on.
God gave the bible to us in the form of human writers that were gifted by the Lord to write it. It is a part of the faith that I think is key. God gave the bible in whole. We do not I feel get to choose the parts we read and honor it is all the word of God. It takes time and work to read. Here is the Doctrine statement I go by and the bibles importance I am a man that belived the Macarthur Bible and I agree with his statement in his bible as my own. I am going here because I want to point out that Pauls books are the truth and we need to heed them and follow them. I am long tonight yet I am the teacher and the man learning.
The Holy Scriptures
We teach that the Bible is God’s written revelation to man, and thus the 66 books of the Bible given to us by the Holy Spirit constitute the plenary (inspired equally in all parts) Word of God (1 Cor. 2:7–14; 2 Pet. 1:20,21).
(Gods word comes in 66 books as decided on by the Lord at the meeting of the church fathers, all is the direct word of God and All is inspired by God.)
We teach that the Word of God is an objective, propositional revelation (1 Cor. 2:13; 1 Thess. 2:13), verbally inspired in every word (2 Tim. 3:16), absolutely inerrant in the original documents, infallible, and God-breathed. We teach the literal, grammatical-historical interpretation of Scripture, which affirms the belief that the opening chapters of Genesis present creation in six literal days (Gen. 1:31; Ex. 31:17).
(In other words what is said in the bible happened. God made us in 6 days. Daniel was in the Lions den and Jesus rose from the dead. ALL the events really occurred and God wrote this book with no error what so ever. Historicity is made for us in the bible and ends how the bible states it is going to end.)
We teach that the Bible constitutes the only infallible rule of faith and practice (Matt. 5:18; 24:35; John 10:35; 16:12,13; 17:17; 1 Cor. 2:13; 2 Tim. 3:15–17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Pet. 1:20,21).
Christians are only to follow the bible. Each Christian must read it for them and follow it. It is the whole of faith and nothing outside the covers of the bible is needed for faith and serving the Lord. If anything presented is outside the bible and its stated command it is void and the bible stands. The bible stands alone on what we obey and not a church or systems as the Catholics follow.
We teach that God spoke in His written Word by a process of dual authorship. The Holy Spirit so superintended the human authors that, through their individual personalities and different styles of writing, they composed and recorded God’s Word to man (2 Pet. 1:20,21) without error in the whole or in the part (Matt. 5:18; 2 Tim. 3:16).
It gets kind of tricky here. All the writers of the bible wrote the words that God wanted them to write, if you add to any of the bible your wrong. All the authors were given the task of writing the bible and they write all differently but they all point to the truth that Jesus came to save the world from sin and we must follow only him alone to make it to heaven.
We teach that, whereas there may be several applications of any given passage of Scripture, there is but one true interpretation. The meaning of Scripture is to be found as one diligently applies the literal, grammatical-historical method of interpretation under the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit (John 7:17; 16:12–15; 1 Cor. 2:7–15; 1 John 2:20). It is the responsibility of believers to ascertain carefully the true intent and meaning of Scripture, recognizing that proper application is binding on all generations. Yet the truth of Scripture stands in judgment of men; never do men stand in judgment of it.[1]
God had one meaning for the words of the bible. We might be guided to a app that is for us and the Spirit might give a verse that hits us at one time and help or convicts me but the meaning is not up for debate. We do not make up a meaning we learn it in the Spirit and deep study. What the bible said it means. We are judged in the book and we are to know it and live it.In the end of this he said that it was given though the Lord Jesus. Paul was not in this to make man happy he was in it to make the Lord Jesus happy. If he wanted to man happy he would not of been treated by men the way he was. If the Lords news was just a mans idea then Paul would not have been so abused by the people and the Lord. The Gospel is not just another way it is the only way and Paul had to suffer for it. Freedom is not free and all freedom demands we pay a price. In our land the usa we died to win freedom. I know many might read this in other lands and it is our goal to make you free in Jesus and in life.
[1]John F. MacArthur, Jr., The MacArthur Study Bible, (Dallas: Word Publishing) 1997.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?