Friday, July 01, 2005

 

God is Good and with me

Today the supreme court of the USA has been changed. A pro-choice judge has retired and I think it is a good day for the Christian in this land. If bush get it right we are going to have a court that is going to stop the insane laws of banning Jesus from this land. It is not a good thing for a land to forget the Lord and stay a nation. No land has lasted that has forgotten the Lord as the king. Rome fell and so will this land if we forget the Lord. I also think many things are on the line and I hope Bush gets this right and finds a Christian to rule on the court so we wont have our freedoms lost. I voted for Bush for this reason and that is the court so he needs to do this one right.

I am working in a series this summer on things the bible calls us to do. If you’re a Christian and made Jesus your lord the things I am writing about are for you. If you’re not a Christian and are still reading this blog then I am proud of you and I plead with you to find your way to “how to be saved” link and see if this is for you. Here is the passage for tonight

Hebrews 13 5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[1]

This is a simple thing. We are to be content with what we have. I did a neat thing today I went to a sale and got a new stereo for a song. It is nice and big. I already got 4 of them but I got another one. Maybe I should of prayed harder for this but I might not of followed my own preaching and I was not content with what I have. Yet this is the text tonight so I preach it. Hebrews is a book that we are not sure who wrote it. But most think Paul might of wrote it and he wrote that no matter what he was content. Are we content? Do I going out to get the thing I wanted right. In the text tonight the writer tells me that it is enough for me to know the Lord is not going to leave me or forsake me. I am to be content and love the Lord.

But that is just it with the Lord there are a few things I know that are true. I am not going to lack food and basics because I know he is with me forever. I am content to know that he is going to take care of me even when losing a job as I did. He is good so anything that happens to me is going to be for my good. He is there for the hard time to keep my salvation and me. Jesus is here and that is enough. Jesus is one that helps me control my anger and Jesus is the one that feeds me with his word. Jesus Loves me and that is a awesome thing to know the ruler of the world has come to live in me and my life. Many like to pray things like Lord be with me. If your saved Jesus is with you at all times and all places. If you need Jesus and your saved God is with you even when you forget. Like the times I want to swear or get mad or go somewhere we I ought not be, God is with me and I am to honor him. Jesus is keeping track of you also for the time you meet him so we need to know that he is going to tell us where we are going to be based on how we lived for Jesus.

God is with you and I
We are to rest in that truth
His being with me has lots of good to it

Shadman

Put your comments on the thing below this
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?