Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Free salvation

I got some food tonight and I got a hair cut. I gave my tape out to the barber hoping it will make him think about things. I told you last time about the series John Macarthur is going to do in the fall about the catholic faith. He has done so many good bible teachings and much of what I write on my blog is about Macarthur and is a part of his teaching. I have tons of his tapes and books and I get a ton of learning with John Macarthur. I have tons of teaching and if you need some just ask and I am willing to send some bible tapes your way.

Here is tonight bible lesion

The people Paul wrote this letter to and many folks tonight reading this have fallen into a faith that depends on the work they do to be able to go to heaven. For the Mormons they have made a system that said they have to do certain things to earn a trip to the kingdom of God. They have to do all they can to measure up to salvation and at the end of life is when they find out if they get into heaven. For the Christian salvation is a act that already has been granted and now the Christian knows the life he lives is going to continue in heaven and the price has been paid on Jesus cross. Jesus died for us and as we learned last time we in Jesus died and have Jesus living in us so we never are again having to pay for heaven.

Catholics see it the a bit diffently. If you want to go to heaven you have to go into their church and have no mortal sin. If you have them then you might go to purgatory and work it out while folks pay and pray you out of this hell. If you are not in their system you are not into the right way. If you do the right things you reduce your time in purgatory and you might be made a saint. In the system Gods grace empowers you to do the right thing to earn you way to heaven. Also they never want you to think you freely get salvation but you earn it. They got so much law in that religion that it is going to take tons to work it out and I want to do that later.
O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified? 2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?— 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have you suffered so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain?

Tonight’s text is attacking both the views that I am looking at. Paul wants the people to know that any kind of works based salvation is not ever right. He is angry with the people that are teaching false things about heaven and not happy they are going back to Jewish times and making them become Jews and then salvation is theirs. Sounds like the Mormons and the Catholics all over again. You did not get the spirit and Jesus by works then and you wont get them now. It is faith and that is a free gift that you go to heaven. If the Jesus saves you do you keep it in the flesh? I need to make a point here too the Second baptism folks, at the time you are saved you get the spirit and not after it. Filling takes place when you are saved and not after it. I do not take a second dose and start the gift mode I got it the night I got saved. If you are saved you already have all you ever need to walk in power. Filling of the spirit is an ongoing thing as you confess your sins and are growing more in love with Jesus. It is like you discover more of Jesus the longer you grow in him. If you keep faithful you are going to grow as you obey his word and you obey as you walk in him. I have not used the z or q key in my blog so I just did.

Ok here is the bottom line on this. Many old timers of the church died for preaching salvation is grace alone and we need to take it for them. Folks Paul calls it foolish to take it into your own hands and be saved. Jesus did it for you and all you do is take the gift.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?