Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

END OF GAL 1

18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. 20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.)
21 Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. 23 But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God in me.
I am not to sure if this is going to be the best thing I write on this text. If you know me I want to apply the word as much as I can. God has put this in the bible so I shall do what I am able to make sense of it. Here I might be taking this a little hard but this is what I think is going on. Paul goes up to meet Peter and get to know him. I am not sure why but it might be to get Peter to know he is the real deal. He also sees James the brother of the Lord. James the apostle might be dead at this time that knows. I think Paul is still working to get this letter so people know what he is going to teach is the truth as he said he is not lying. Paul is going to tear up things this church has been teaching do he wants to tell them that he is right. Have you ever met a non-saved man and then hear that he took Jesus and got saved. I have Dan who was my caseworker. It was a blessing to know that he got into the Lord. I think this is what the church in the bible lands was going though. Paul had hated Jesus and wanted to kill the people of faith. He thought he was doing right and then Jesus saved him. So back in the places where Paul was a jerk they only heard that Jesus indeed saved him. It is a good thing to think that there is no one that Jesus cannot save and no one that Jesus did not want to save. It goes to say one never knows when Jesus is going to save you. Take me for example. Jesus has been working on me all my life and some may wonder if I am in Jesus. I am in Jesus and he saved me. I am not sure when it was but I know Jesus has had a spot in my life since Huls lives her life for him and Jesus took her life and used it to saved me. Or was it when Erin Buescher’s story of leaving the big schools all for Jesus was that the time. I know I am his and I know I am saved. It is fun to tell others I got Jesus and he loved me and saved me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?