Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Courage to follow Jesus

I want to jump right into my thinking tonight. It is on the command of the Lord to have courage. We are to have courage and be strong. Courage is the act of standing up in hard times and having faith to withstand them. It is standing up in the face of fear to make something happen. I need courage to keep going to work even in the times it is hard and I am making less cash. I need it to share my faith on the bus or like tonight at the ymca when I had the chance to share Jesus with a fellow believer. I need it to stand up to tell the truth in debating and sharing Jesus with my family in spite their resisting the Lord and his plans. In the word and I am going to look at many passages tonight we have some reasons for courage. Here is the first passage.

Dut. 6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”[1]

We can have courage for the Lord Jesus is with me at all times and he is my protection. Friend it is cool to know the Lord is with them who know him all the time. In the times we feel there is nobody Jesus is there. I might of talked about this but we need to always know the Lord is with us in everything. If you go to a movie Jesus is there and if the movie is not good we need to not go to it. It is not like you can tell the Lord not to come with you somewhere because he is with us and that ought to make us think about things before we do them. Jesus is never going to leave and forsake us. It is a good thing to know Jesus loves us and he is never leaving is it not.

Josh 1 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.[2]

This is a command to Joshua going into the new land that God was going to give to them. He was to have courage to follow the word and the laws that God had given to the people. We are to work to follow the things I am talking about like be happy. God has saved us to follow him and if we love Jesus we are going to do what makes him happy. If you follow the bible then I you will have success. For me I got to learn to give to the Lord better and obey him in my cash. God has made me to work and gave me the power to get money I want to honor him and do as he said so he can trust me with more.

The bottom line is this Where do I go when I am afraid and need help. I ought to go to Jesus and allow him to work on me so I have courage to serve Jesus and love him even more.
Shad
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments:
that's some deep stuff shad! it's all an interesting read, keep it up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?