Monday, July 18, 2005

 

Bible reading and Gods call

I had good news this week I am getting a few more hours at work. My check is not the biggest this week yet I am not mad or worried about that because I am resting on the Lord that said he would provide for me out of his riches in Jesus. And the Lord God is rich is he not. He owns it all. If Jesus wanted to he could take it all away could he not? Yet he is the provider in our life as the saved and he said he is going to take care of the needs of his own.

Well I am not going to delay any longer let me take you to my text tonight in Gal.

Gal. 1 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.[1]

I hit a bit of this passage last time but I want to work on it more tonight and see if I cannot learn more out of this passage. I want to hit this idea that we do not pick the Lord but he picked us before the beginning. I touched it last night but I want to camp on this a bit tonight and show you the truth in this matter. I am not a Calvinist. Yet I think in some ways I am. Calvin talks in TULIP about the truth that we are unable to pick the Lord and to a point I think he is right. In Romans we are told that we are unable to choose to be saved and we were helpless in this matter. God had to send the Lord Jesus to die and then the Holy Spirit to enter us and convict us of sin. Yet in the same book we are to call on the name of the Lord. If you read the context of this passage you have to see that Paul has to be stopped in his tracks and was called to work for the Lord. Jesus had to make the effort to reach Paul and I think Jesus makes the effort to reach us. And how did or rather why did Jesus save anyone? It was all in his grace or unmerited favor and Gods pleasure that he was called.

Note also that Paul took time to get to know the Lord Jesus before he went out to work for him. I when I got saved was lucky enough to have a few people teach me the basics of the Lord Jesus and how I need to read the bible and how I needed to pray and go to a church and things like that. I started to write things right after I got saved and I have not stopped because it has helped me learn and get deep into the bible. I think that is what Paul did. He went study the Bible or the old things and got to know Jesus and his word. If you’re a new Christian or one that does not read the bible I would rather you read the bible then this blog and learn there. I say that because I think that is the power. Paul studied and learned the truth and learned how to get into his bible and get into the things of God and Jesus. He was guided I think from the text by the Lord himself. Another thing to look at that we need to be ready to read the word and be open to it. God is going to teach us things in his word and we have to look for them. A good place to start is the book of John and writes things you learn.

So In this passage I talked about Paul being called and us being called to be saved and I talked how we need to read the word and allow Jesus to teach us. Find a good preach or leave a message here and I will work to get you a good bible and a church in your area.
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?