Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Unite in Love

It is only 2 nights till I start work. I know it is going to go well and I am ready as ever. I am sick of TV and nothing really to do. It is going to be nice to serve and work hard. It is a nice thing to look forward to the Job.

In my series of Commands of the Lord we are going to look at being united in Jesus. If we are fighting then we need to stop and know that we serve a God that is a Lord that is order. God has a book and tells people to obey it, thus my notion for the series I am in but we are to obey the commands of God and live for him

Here is the bible passage tonight
Phil 2 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.[1]

We are to fill the Joy of Paul and have like-mindedness. We are to find things to agree on and love each other. Friend this is a hard thing for me to live is and it is a command that I need to live better. I sometimes look for the things that are separating the Church and focus on them and thus not like the oneness Jesus asks of my life in Paul.

I am to have the same love for all believers. What is the Christians love to be like? I am to love you in a way that is willing to die if need be for you. I am to sacrifice and love you deeper. I am not to favor but I am to love all deeply and sacrifice for anyone.

I am to be of ONE MIND. We are loved by Jesus and all over the world we can go to churches that preaches the Love of Jesus. Friends I do not think some in the Church can unite because of doctrines. I do not think I am to drop a thing that the bible is clear on to unite, that is not right to me. I am to find the truth and defend the truth and find a church that teaches like-minded teaching. With that I am able to go anywhere and unite in the family of God. There are some that might teach some things that I do not think is right yet I am called to love them in the name of Jesus.

We are to be selfless and filling the needs of others. It is living with others and the truth we have that makes us be humble. It means we try to teach the truth and reach others in a humble way. I need to work on this like I say. I need to be of one mind and Love the people in my church and the Lord deeper
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?