Thursday, June 16, 2005

 

Sports is sinful?

I am not happy with Ben’s talk that sports are not godly. First of all I am taking his comments and not agreeing with any off them. Ben said that he wants the protection of the bible in his views and I am just not going to give it because his belief is not right. Jesus would go to a game and he would see them. In my bible we are compared to a runner of a race and a player. To say that there are no lesions in the game of baseball like enduring is stupid and shocking. Ben to hide in the Christian liberty in this is wrong and not what it is there for. Liberty is given for the things that are black and white. To also say one can not have a mind that is right and see sports is so like trash. You are bashing every fan that is a Christian and it was not proper to state that in church. I know of folks that heard the Gospel from people that play games and gave their lives to Jesus. I am one of them and for that alone the Christians that think sports are wrong are not right in any possible way.

Here is a passage to think about in this topic

Romans 14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

I am to accept one that has weak faith. I am to accept them that see a sport as a sin per say. I am to see if it offends them I am not to throw it at them because it is not right to do. If to you lets say baseball is wrong and that is the Lords word to you I am not to tempt you by asking you to watch a game with me. Maybe I am wrong in this and not being a good brother. It seems a bit weird to me but if I am going to obey the bible this is to be my thing is to help Ben honor the Lord in this way.

For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.[1]

I am not to make the rule for a servant of God if he is saved and going to heaven and serving the Lord is his boss not me. In the other hand he ought not see it his job to make me agree with him in this issue. So I am to agree to help him grow in not tempting him to do to what to him is sin. Jesus is the one that will make the call on us and I ought to leave it to him in this matter. I am not to make the call and Judge in this case. It is not my call to make it is the Lords. It is the meaning not Judge but not be Judged is in this. I am to judge false faith and I do not think this is a case of false faith but a case of a personal conviction as I have the conviction not to work on the Lords Day.

[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?