Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Lots of commands to think on tonight

12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.[1]

I am into the commands of the Lord and the bible. I want to work on this passage and go into the many things we are called to do. In 12 we are called the elect of God. It means God selected us to be his on his terms. We are selected out of the pool of the human race. We are holy and we are loved so in response Paul is going to tell me how to live and love. 1 I put on tender mercies and love. 2 we seek to be kind and humble in our relations and life. 3 I bear others burdens and forgive as Jesus forgave me. Jesus forgave me all my sins I ought to forgive every sin that is committed toward me. Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount that I am to forgive before I even pray. Jesus is not going to restore me to his side if I do not restore and forgive others. I am also to carry others problems. I am not to carry my own because Jesus wants to carry them. If I have complaints I ought to forgive and let them go. The thing I need to do is love above all. If I do not love I am not going to be anything in my work for Jesus.

I am to allow the Lord to dwell in my heart and fill my mind with the bible. If I am not in the bible I am not going to be anything in the Lord because I have to have my heart filled in the word and the word in my heart. I listened to a sermon today about the walking in the Spirit and it is key to have the bible in my mind so the Holy Spirit to bring something to mind. If I am not in the bible the Spirit is not going to have stuff to work with and we won’t be filled. I do think it is the Spirit is going to bring conviction if we are not in the word. If we are not in the bible I think we need to pray and get focused on the walk. If I am in fellowship then I am going to overflow with Joy knowing that I am the Lords and my heaven is set.
I am told to do everything in the Lord and commit it to the Lord. I am to have a thankful life in all I am doing. I am thankful for the Lords word and the Lords provision in my life.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?