Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

Leader are wiser than us

Kids that think I am nuts for telling you some were chosen to get salvation I am going to state it like this. God said he choose you before time began. If you write in my class there is no such thing as Calvinism your going to fail. I am not going to state what I do not believe but I see it both ways and stand on the right said of Calvinism. I think free will is not in the bible yet I won’t deny it in theory. It is a hard call to make and one time here on the Shadman blog I am going to detail this out in the bible. But I will leave this to think on as you tremble before God that is Holy and Righteous.

Eph 1 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.[1]

I am on the commands of the bible and focused on that right now. There is a ton of them to do so I am not sure how long or far I am going to keep at them. It might be years and I might not go all the though the list in one shot. And you want to here what is going on in my life too. Work is well and I got a bigger check then I thought I was going to get. It is enough and I hope to get more hours there soon yet I trust the Lord for all I am going to ever get. It is all his provision and I am enjoying it as I am told to in the word. Lets look tonight at another thing the Bible tells us to do.

Ex 18 1 Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens.[2]
Here is the command tonight; we are to select wise rulers to have the rule over us. It is wise I want to take some time to talk on tonight. I think the first thing to consider is the truth that aq wise man is a man of God. I do not want to have a man that Love Jesus rule in a church or have a thing over me in my faith. He must be filled with wisdom and I think he ought to be older in the faith than I am. I think the issue is who leads the church. If one that leads a church is not a man of the bible and of prayer what good is he. In the New Testament we find a lot is said about the leaders and the pastor. It is as high calling to lead a church. If he is in any sin or rebelling he is not fit to lead the Body. He must be a married man to lead the church and he must be a man that has a lady. He must be above the people. He must not have a temper and he must not drink and form of booze. I think it is important to elect this kind to a church board and to a pastor.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?