Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

Help out the poor

Got home from Rochester tonight. It is always a good thing to go home and see Rochester. In church Pastor talked on the truth that we cannot lose our Heaven and our salvation. I know that and sometime I am going to dive into this in length and show you all the passages that point to this truth. I just might get the tape of the sermon because it was so good.

I want to think on the commands of the bible. Here is tonight’s command

Ps 82 4 Deliver the poor and needy;
Free them from the hand of the wicked.[1]

We are to help the poor and needy. In the time I have been in the church people have helped me out. Either with food or rides or whatever. It is a blessing but the thing for me is how am I in the area of helping the poor and the needy. First thing I think of is the truth that without a relationship and a home in heaven one is truly poor and very needy. Salvation I heard Macarthur say one time is the best thing to give because when one is saved they have the Lord to give them the needs they have. But sometimes the Lord wants us to lend to the poor and give to the Lord and help the poor. Many are poor in the world in this time. I am not poor for the reason that I am taken care of with the government and I have all my needs met in Jesus. Also the government takes care of me. It is a blessing the Lord has given to me to keep myself out of the slum.

So the first thing I think is to set time to share Jesus with all you know. Then I think we all ought to set aside some money to go just to help the poor. Maybe pay in to the fellowship or deacon’s fund at our church. We could give money to Compassion International. We also can give to the Salvation Army or local food shelves. But it is a thing we need to do for the Lord.

Here are some things the bible tells us to do

Proverbs 14 31 He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker,
But he who honors Him has mercy on the needy.[2]

Proverbs 19 17 He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord,
And He will pay back what he has given.[3]
God id going to give back to him what you give to the poor. Loaning the Lord money is a wise thing to do because he is going to give it back to you. Part of the storing things in heaven thing huh? Give to the Lord and he is going to bless you. Tithe and you are going to be blessed to. It is the bible.

Proverbs 27 He who gives to the poor will not lack,
But he who hides his eyes will have many curses.[4]

Proverbs 31 She extends her hand to the poor,
Yes, she reaches out her hands to the needy.[5]
A Christian gal is going to reach out to folks and help out.

James 2 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts? 7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?[6]

So tonight’s thing is find some way to bless the poor and be rich in Jesus
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[4]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[5]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[6]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?