Monday, June 20, 2005

 

God wants us to enjoy the gift of life

It is Monday and times to feel bad for not working harder on typing and getting the blog bigger. I am getting some hits but who cares. I need to be here all I am able. I want to talk tonight about a command that I think tends to be overlooked in some Christians Lives. Here is the text for tonight.

Ecc. 9 7Go, eat your bread with joy,
And drink your wine with a merry heart;
For God has already accepted your works.
8 Let your garments always be white,
And let your head lack no oil.
9 Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.[1]


This is taken from the wise saying of the book of Solomon. He was the man in the bible that got to get fro God anything he wanted and instead of money or fame he took wisdom. God wants to give us wisdom and we get it in the bible. Here in the book we are told how to handle things and gifts from the Lord. We are to be happy and filled with joy because we are given much to enjoy. God gives me many things and events to be happy in and I think I want to be cheerful and a happy camper. It must be hard for a non-Christian to come to Jesus when he sees sad Christians. We need to be happy and joyful because we have all there is and we need to be happy to show the world to come and know Jesus and he grace and love.

Taking a look at the passage tonight. In verse 9 we see that God has accepted our work. In Jesus we are so loved and accepted. If you are saved then you have in you everything you will ever need to be in the Lords camp. We were saved in Jesus and Jesus gave us everything. I need to show you this in Eph 1:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.[2]

I could spend a month detailing the passage and unpacking it but I am not going to. Point is your accepted in Christ and you can be happy in him for his work in you. I also want to point out that it is good to enjoy the work and the money you make at work. We are given life to enjoy and the Lord to enjoy. In the work we do it is fine to get things to enjoy. I love my computer and use it for fun and news. I saved the cash up to use to get it. I am going to get a laptop one day to enjoy. I love the bible software I use to put this blog together. I like to read mail and it is a provision but God lets me enjoy to fruit of work. I like to travel and see friends. I use the gifts the Lord gave me to do that with. It is a good thing to enjoy things knowing that the Lord gives them all to me. If you have a wife you are to enjoy her and Love her. I do not have a wife but I think the Lord for the friends I have to.

Live to Enjoy all and be happyShad
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?