Wednesday, June 01, 2005

 

Command Abide or stay in Jesus

I want to look at the Lord Jesus and the command to abide in the Lord. Jesus is the one that made the command and we look to him for all we need. We need Jesus so much in our walk. Without Jesus we as the saints are never going to get anything right unless we abide in Jesus. Here are tonight’s passages. We have a few

John 15 . 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.[1]

Abide means to stay with or to keep going with. We are to stay with the Lord Jesus and keep living for him. We are a branch that if we are not abiding in Jesus we are powerless to live for him and obey anything he commands me to do. I need to stay in the Lord Jesus and build my life in him and on him. Jesus makes more of this term known in his talking in the book of John.

John 1 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”[2]

If you abide in the word of the Lord Jesus you are one of his. If you stay with it and stay working for Jesus, then you show your Jesus follower and you love him tons. If means that you need to do this to show you are a part of the body. Keep going to Church, keep reading the bible and praying and you will abide in Jesus.

I want to make this known, abiding in Jesus is some of your job but it mainly is trusting in the Lord for all you need and have. If you remain and obey Jesus I think he is going to live in me and in my heart. I am not caught up in being fearful I am going to walk from Jesus because I trust him with my soul. Yet I am called to live and abide in Jesus and keep on keeping on. It is not a condition of salvation but it is a proof that you love Jesus and serve him. Abide in Jesus in 4 ways. Read the Bible, Pray, Go to church and find some good Christians to hold your feet to the fire. You do this and live hard for Jesus you are going to obey him
Shadman
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?