Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Accept the weaker brother

If I am wrong and there is no God no big deal but if there is a God your going to be judged and sent to the flames of hell. That is a reason to make your life right in Jesus tonight or today. Friend the thing is there is a God and He is going to allow the folks in that made Jesus God to them and got saved. If your not saved your hell bound. Hell lasts forever and one time you get in you are never leaving and you’re fit to burn there forever and ever. Jesus is not going to save folks that made the call to reject him and his offer. So I want to look to the word tonight on the issue of accepting the weak and being strong in the Lordf

14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of it; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. 15 Yet if your brother is grieved because of your food, you are no longer walking in love. Do not destroy with your food the one for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let your good be spoken of as evil; 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men.[1]

Paul is talking in tonight’s passage about the unclean and the clean things of the world and himself. Paul is talking to a Jewish people that did not like some of the thing a Christian would do or the Christian would do something a weaker brother would not think was right. Paul talks about this so here is the point Paul is making and that is the Lord might cause one to not think something is not sin when it is not clear. Example If I have a friend that thinks for him rock music or secular music is wrong and he is convicted to only listen to hymns I am to make sure I support his claim and honor him and not tempt him by playing rock in his company. If I do play music he thinks is sin then I am not obeying the Lord and that is wrong. If he tells me that make him stumble then I am to help him in his walk grow deeper in the Lord and not make him stumble. It is my thinking that music is ok whatever the type so outside of his company it is ok to play music I enjoy.

Another example I go into a ton if I have a conviction on election and another person does not have the same conviction then I am not to argue but take the word and allow them to have their stand. I think that election is a part of salvation yet my friend thinks it does not. I guess if it does not mean the bible and the basic stand of salvation is in question I hold my argument. However in this I may not work in partnership if the issue is a big one. I do not work with people that teach Salvation is not forever. I do not work with the churches that do not hold convictions they need to. I do not think the rosary is a thing a Christian ought to pray so if you do I am not going to work and promote that kind of thing.
What is the kingdom of God it is righteousness being right with God and peace meaning the war with the Christian and the Lord is over and Joy is the Holy Ghost. I think the Holy Ghost is a key that I am going to take some time and study and get to know better. He is so worthy of my heart and he fills me up and brings me a life of Joy and heaven right here in the time I am living
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?