Friday, May 20, 2005

 

why worry is a waste

It was a ok day out looking. I went and loaded up on the apps and now I need to go out and get them out and work on getting them back. It is going to take the time to go to the workforce center and take some classes. I feel the need tonight to pray and do a study in the Bible and that is what I want to do.

Lord I want to praise you for a new day and time to spend with you tonight. I relish in the truth that you are a helper and a friend to me and do not give up on folks that come to you. I thank you and ask you to do your will in this time I am going to look in the world and I ask you Jesus to make this time a time that both of us are enjoying and I ask Jesus to make your heart to be known in my heart tonight. I love you Lord for dieing in my place and I ask you to help that to be the focus of my life and I would be focused on your grace and not my sin. Lord I ask you to help me to put it behind me and work on looking to the life you lived to replace my sinful life. In Jesus name amen.

I am tending to worry a bit in my life. I want to take some time tonight to work on tips to not worry and what the Lord said about it. I am in a book and I am going to work on the passage in Matthew 6 when Jesus talked about worry.



24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will put on Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
God is a awesome God because he said he is able to take care of our needs. He is doing that in my life in many ways. I have got free food and friends that take me to eat, I am getting cash for my disability and it means I might have to live on that for the time I am needing a job. It does not seem fair that this is given to me but it is and if the Lord gives a gift I ought to take it and know it is his gift. David said God does not leave his people hungry and if I am then it might be time to go home. But life is not about getting food and clothes. God give them to me already. It is about serving him and making him me all and focusing in on the things Jesus is going to give to me. Note the verse before and we are not to serve 2 masters. I am not serving cash and the world I am to serve the Lord Jesus and make him my everything and love him. In food there are places to go if I need food and drink. I got food and the Lord is going to feed me because he told me he would. And I need to lose some pounds to.


26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.[1]

God told me here not to worry and to seek him and all is going to be added to my life. God made me and he makes the call on how long I live (Job 14 5). It is stupid to add to my life in worry cause the Lord already has my time planed on going to be with him. God has my plans and he makes the call when it is time for me to go. I live on his plans and not mine. I am not on my timetable but on his table and he does his plan for me and he is sovern in the plan he has for me. The unsaved man has to worry about this stuff. God is a dad and he said he is going to meet my needs in his riches and not on mine. I hate to say this but the unsaved do not have this hope to fall on to. God does in common grace give but it is not theirs to claim and they ought to get saved just to get under the protection of the Lord and stuff. Salvation is there a Joy to have because it is where ALL the blessings start.

Here are the results of worry for the saved man

Gods provision for salvation is far more than getting us in this life though. God made a way to be saved from Hell he can give me the needs I have to grow in him and make him king. If I do not trust the Lord for basics then why ought I trust him at all?

Worry is slapping God in his face. It really is because it does not love and trust the Lord with all of my life it is trashing the bible and making a way of my own. God gives all gifts and to worry is to not take him at his word. Also worry is throwing out the bible. If the bible is not held up to help me I ought to not even try. It is the blazing word of the Lord and I ought to trust it and make it my life story.

Worry is showing worldliness. If I am worried how may the word and Jesus master me? It is lack of trust in the Lord. It is looking at my circumstances and not to the Lord of them. Jesus wants me to live for him and allow him to help me in all my needs and not look to worldly ideas. It is all for Jesus and not for me or anything else.
Here is the start of the cure for worry. We ought to focus on Jesus and not ourselves. Get my mind on the things above and on heaven and focus there. Heaven is not a place to worry about if your saved. If you’re worried about that you need to get saved. If your saved then focus on heaven and not on the things of earth. Get your heart of the pocket book and get it on Jesus. Money is going to burn anyhow so just get what you need and that is what the call is.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?