Sunday, May 08, 2005

 

Put my hope in Jesus

have not kept Blogging like I want to. I am going to focus some on the search and it is going well. Some think I am not going to hard but others say I am going well. I am not going to name people that say I am not looking hard but I think I am. Art thinks I am doing ok with it. I do not really know what the Lord thinks and that is sad because he is the one that matters in this as I am asking for his leading and to put me in his hands and work in his time.

I applied at tons of places and I intend to call them until I am hired at one of them. I am going to CA for Katie’s wedding. I am hoping for a fun time but I am not sure on the game or the ride to and from LAX. I am hoping to call Pirate and he can come and hang out with me I am also hoping to go to the game at dodger stadium but it might not work out but who knows what I am going to do out there and I am not sure how the blog will be up to date there but maybe I am going to be able to blog there and maybe not.

In church today Pastor Art spoke on how we are to pray to the Lord. We need to keep on asking the Lord and one good thing to do is to write out prayers we are better because we got to think more and we also can keep praying for the thing’s we need. I heard one thing God is going to give me my needs and if I need a Job I am going to get one. If I need something He is going to give it to me. God is good and he is going to do the best thing for me. Art reminded me of the A.C.T.S method of praying. I am to adore the Lord and get my eyes out of the gutter and on to him and focus on a chacter, then I need to confess all known sins and make it right before the Lord. I then need to thank the Lord for EVERYTHING he has given to me and then I ask him for my needs and the needs of others.

I want to work on that prayer thing. I need to pray for things and record the work of the Lord when I do.

I want to focis on some bible for a time here. I might repeat myself in this but I am going to look at the Joy chapter in Phil. It is a good thing to focus some thinking on the Lord

 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Be Joyful in Jesus. It is so important I think not to lose the Joy I have in the truth that I am saved. It is the greatest thing in life to know I am saved and all my trust is in the work of Jesus and not on my ability to keep the laws. It is good to know the Lord is going to share the truth with me and guide me to the saving truth of Jesus If I am not saved Jesus I ask you to save me because without you I am never going to make it in the life in here or in heaven. I am happy for Gods provision and his protecting me from hell and all the demons to.

5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.[1]
I need not be worried about anything but Jesus and his love for me. I am to pray about all the things that make me worried and allow Jesus to cover them for me. Speaking on worry there are some storms on the way and I want to get off so I AM cutting her. I need to pray and not worry and write out my prayers so I am able to see the work Jesus is going to do for me. But when I do this the peace of God is going to guard my heart and minds. He is going to guard me from despair and lack of trust in Jesus and Gods provision. Worry adds nothing to me and I need to not worry but turn it into prayers for God to grow me in my faith in him.
Later
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?