Thursday, May 05, 2005

 

God did Salvation

First of all I am in luck as I was given three interviews. One at Target one at a pizza place and one at a steak place. It is a hard thing to be not working but I know I am going to be taken care of. I already had one man step up and say they are going to help a blessing and that is I. Keep praying and the Lord is going to work this one out to his liking. I know all is going to work. I feel I am doing what it is going to take to get work but it is going to take time.

I want to take a look at the role of God in our salvation. Many think we got to do all the work to get saved. I do proudly work on the truth that Jesus did all the work for folks that are saved. I have preached on the election thing before. I think this is a important enough topic that I am going to hit it often. And more people might be reading so I want to preach things I might of went over before.

I think Salvation is the will of God and not the will of man. Look at the following

John 1 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.[1]
God gave them the right to become the kids. Note 13 when the bible said that we are born of the will of God. It is Gods will that one is born into the family of God. It is not my will the brings me to Jesus it is Gods will. Note this not the will of the flesh and not the will of man. God wills it or decides it. Some think you are able to will your home in heaven.

Eph 1 5 , 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will[2]

God has saved us for his good will. It is for Gods desire. Gods desire is Glory and salvation is a big part of Gods Glory. God is Glory is one is Saved and he is Glory if he damns a man to Hell. God is going to look good no matter what people think. God pick and chooses the ones he saves and this passage makes it clear to me.

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will[3]

Predestination is a word that we need to define. Here is a long definition that is in my software. I will put it at the end of tonight’s writing. God has a will a desire and this is a part of salvation. God also draws people to Jesus.
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[2]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.
[3]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?