Tuesday, April 19, 2005

 

Matt 23 1 4 Leaders need to be humble and so ought we

I got to go to the Doc on Thursday because of my high blood pressure. I am a bit high in that department and I know I got to get it down and be healthy.

New pope already prayed to the mother of Jesus and this proves he is not a saved man because Mary has no way to be saved and any thing telling you she is a saving person is in sin of not preaching the Gospel and is going to not make it. It is faith in Jesus and your loving him and his work on the cross-alone that gets you into heaven. I do not trust any other way to heaven but the cross. If you do you might want to rethink it because Jesus blood is the true way and all others lead to other places. It is kind of the thing in the next few times I am going to do Matthew.

We are in the last week of Jesus on earth and we are going to see his last words to the people of that day. It is not a salvation message but it is a message to rejecters of the Lord. Jesus is talking to false teachers and folks that think they got the truth and they do not. For the ones that do not want to heart Jesus condemn and warn this section is not going to be your favorite but it is the Bible and I am going to preach it and study it.

Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.\
Many folks today are like this they preach the Lord and they are not doing what they preach on. They went the preaching place and they give a sermon on a topic and you find the preachers not living to please the Lord. I am guilty of this when I share and then the things I say are null because I do not live them as I am saying. I hate it when leaders ask you to do something they will not do. Like at work a manger is not good to askes and me me to do a task he won’t do. I see this all the time. I look to Jesus and know he did as he asks me to do. I guess that is why I am willing to follow him because he did it himself. Jesus shows me in his life he came and went into all I have to and yet he did it right. I want to strive to be like Jesus and not like people that let down and do not do as they preach.

Yet we need to follow the Lord and if the people are preaching the bible I ought to obey it and not them. Paul said this of fake teachers.

Phil 2 15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. 18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.[1]

Even out of the false teacher if Jesus is preached we need to follow Jesus and not the person. WE ARE NEVER TO FOLLOW A MAN BUT JESUS!!



4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’

They bind a bunch of rules on folks and then sell it for faith. Like the Sabbath the people had to do a lot of rules and not rest. In this day we need to be careful to make sure all the things we ask people to do are in the bible. If they are not in the bible you are not to follow them. I think of some that make the bible say things it does not say in regards to music. If the bible said certain music is right them I will follow it. I am not sure what to think Church is to preach the bible and nothing but the bible and when a rule they want is not in the bible then I wonder.

I need to make one thing clear, as a Baptist I know my church has some standards and that is a good thing. Like you ought to not date till you got a high school education. It is a good idea yet it is not in the bible. I know they are good to have but lets make sure they are not to the point of not following the bible.

They do things to be seen by man and that is not righteousness. It is how you act when it is Jesus and you alone that make me inspired. If you read the bible and pray in your closet and not brag about it, do I give in private and is my TV on places it ought not be on. DO I live for the Lord as the one that is watching me or do I live for others? I think you and I need to live for Jesus when nobody and everybody is watching.

Leaders want to be in the best spots and we are not to be so proud and sit in places that make me look good but be humble and make others look good.

Shadman Later
[1]The New King James Version, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers) 1998, c1982.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?