Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Jesus is...

I do not think Grace Baptist is right on a few things. I do not think that it is good to say it is bad for a Christian to raise the hands in worship. I do not think it is bad to listen to ccm and I do not like the wackos in the Baptist church to condemn folks that use other ways of worshiping Jesus. I am mad at folks that make a deal out of the different ways others choose to worship Jesus. I may not think the hands are for me and I am going to explain why but if you brothers and sisters want to raise your hands to worship go ahead. If your belief is in the Lord Jesus and the cross of the Lord Jesus paid your way then you’re my brother and sister and I am not going to not allow you to express your faith is a way I am not ok with. I am not naming names but some people are so not for the body of Jesus and some are too much intro the body.

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”
They said to Him, “The Son of David.”
Jesus asks the leaders who he was. Jesus asks all of human kind who is he. By the way Readers Who is Jesus to you? Is he a good person that said some good things? Is he a man that did magic and lots of super things? The Lord is asking the folks they’re who they think the Christ is. They called him the son of David. What is the Son Of David? I did a thing on this but I am going to redo it and look and see how right I am. David was one of the kings of the Lords Land Israel. He ruled it back before the temple was built. In the life of David God said this

“When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. … My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever” (2 Sam. 7:12–13, 15–16).[1]
His descendent was going to be a everlasting king. Jesus is the one that fills this because Jesus is in the line of David. No other one that claims to be the son is in the line of David. Muslims are wrong because Mohammad is not the son of David and it is not right to worship him. God brings Jesus as the King forever and proved it when he rose from the dead.

43 He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:
44 ‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?
45 If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” 46 And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.

In v43 note Jesus asked why David in the writing called Jesus Lord. David is writing the psalm under the power of God and God tells him to write 44. Jesus is the one the writer is talking about. Jesus is the one that has made all his enemies fall. In the death of Jesus the devil and all the powers that think they have a chance were beat. Jesus walking out of the tomb is the thing that sealed the deal and all have to bow to Jesus. As the Son Of David Jesus shows the leaders he is the Lord to. Jesus has shown himself to be the King and I ask you Who is Jesus to you? Is Jesus your king? Listen if Jesus is God then I think we ought to listen to him and make him the king of our hearts. Jesus is the Lord of the world. I hope he is yours!

Twins won it in the bottom of the 9th tonight so we are a game above 500. I saw the end of the game. I want to honor John Hasslen my grandpa when I lived in Kimball. He died and I am hoping to go to the home going service. John was in love with old cars. He was my grandpa for a time. God bless him
shadman
[1]MacArthur, John F., Matthew: The MacArthur New Testament Commentary, (Chicago: Moody Press) 1989.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?